• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: A boatload of Slayers!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Dragon Slaves, foodfights and small busts jokes abound, fun personified, that's good for people, there have been way too many serious animes lately, a good dose of old school fun is needed. I have most of the series already.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Any particular reason why you have Evolution-R (the 5th season), but not Revolution(the 4th)?

But thanks a bunch nonetheless. Always good to drop in for a bit with Lina and the gang.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote
We were scheduled to get Revolution, but delivery got complicated a few months back, and so we never actually got it. Hopefully Funi will deliver it to us in the future.
jsc315

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Awsome! I got the 1st season and a ova collection for real cheap a while ago and just recently started to watch slayers watching the 1st season again as of this week. I think ANN is invaiding my thoughts while I sleep! Anyways, this is great news! Wil be checking this out for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PBsallad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, got to finish season 1 when it was on Hulu but never got around to the 2nd. If I find time I might be able to tackle season 2.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:37 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
We were scheduled to get Revolution, but delivery got complicated a few months back, and so we never actually got it. Hopefully Funi will deliver it to us in the future.

A few months back? They still haven't gotten it to you? Confused

(BTW, what happened to fast.?)

How many eons has it been since I've watched Slayers....
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:55 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
A few months back? They still haven't gotten it to you? Confused

Well, we kind of both let delivery slide for a few months because we were improving our infrastructure and building the new player. So there was no point in giving us new shows because we couldn't use them immediately anyway.

Needless to say we're struggling to catch up now.
jsc315

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote
Well I for one appreciate the hard work ANN does. I'm so happy to see some old school anime love here at ANN. Fist Area 88 OVA and now Slayers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Are more Slayers Try episodes going up soon?
I love The Slayers and is one of my favorite all-time series, but I haven't seen all of Try yet. I hope Funimation releases it in a remastered boxset.
Edit: I guess they did back in 2008.
jsc315

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I may be wrong but the released season 1 and box set of the 1st 3. I have only season 1 and they are by far not remastered in anyway at all. I recently got the Dragonball box sets and this is from the mid 80s and they show looks so much better then it ever has but the Slayers DVDs just looks like crap.

So I'm assuming it was just a transfer from what ADV had. To see a lot of shadowing and the picture breaking up really makes it hard to watch on a big screen sometimes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1