• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto, Fairy Tail, Occult Academy Leaked Before Airing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LemonCookies

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Worthless scum....
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quote
MarzGurl wrote:
Oooh! Somebody at TV Tokyo is SO fired!

It sounds more like something to do after you've already been fired actually.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
MarzGurl wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone at TVTokyo who doesn't like streaming and wants to kill it. But it does sound like a disgruntled employee.
jyuichi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
MarzGurl wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone at TVTokyo who doesn't like streaming and wants to kill it. But it does sound like a disgruntled employee.

How many of TV Tokyo's employees actually know or care about non-Japan licensing/streaming? Its not something that requires major involvement on TV Tokyo's part outside the legal department (which probably wouldn't have file access).

(That's invalid, of course, if these shows are being streamed (for free) in Japan but I don't think that is the case. I think you can digitally rent Heroman but that's a paid model)

As you said if it wasn't a hacker, it was probably a disgruntled staff member.
sogekihei-neko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:26 pm Reply with quote
They said it was a Tengu. Tengus have supernatural powers ya know. Cool
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote
What sort of damage could it make anyway. The only kind of anime fans who'd watch full episodes illegally placed on You Tube are those who'd never pay or watch it legally streamed. Besides, episode 40 of Fairy Tail? We're still at 37 or something. If CR is smart enough they should just stream the episodes already (like stream episode 39 and 40 altogether).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:55 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
What sort of damage could it make anyway. The only kind of anime fans who'd watch full episodes illegally placed on You Tube are those who'd never pay or watch it legally streamed. Besides, episode 40 of Fairy Tail? We're still at 37 or something. If CR is smart enough they should just stream the episodes already (like stream episode 39 and 40 altogether).

The damage is that fans from anywhere could have watched it, mostly Japanese fans. The videos had a lot of comments posted in Japanese, so it's not something you'd want to happen. And why would CR stream something before it airs on TV? The whole point of the TV broadcast is to get otaku to watch it.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
aw crap not again...
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quote
sogekihei-neko wrote:
They said it was a Tengu. Tengus have supernatural powers ya know. Cool

This is my favorite comment of the thread. From now on, all unfortunate incidents in the anime industry should be blamed on mischievous tengu.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:58 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Still, I had no idea episodes were ready so far in advance.

As someone said later, I believe the old model was down to the wire, or at least, that can happen sometimes, if something goes wrong, or touch-up work needs to be done. But generally, from the work being shown in trailers, and when production starts and anime shorts being announced to be on series video releases while the show is still airing, I think it makes sense (and there have been two events that kinda point to this) that episodes are usually in a mostly finished state 2-3 months before they air.

The first event was back in December of 2006, when it was announced that the Naruto filler would be ending. I'm guessing that at this point, they had started animating Naruto Shippuuden for the anticipated airing date. The second is a little more recent. During the latest Bleach filler arcs, in between the Zanpakutou arc and the Spirit Beast arc (or whatever people are calling them, I didn't watch them, it was too shitty...) one of the "next episode" previews apparently apologized for the filler and asked viewers to hang in there, as the anime would be returning to canon soon. That was, I believe, 9 weeks before the anime returned to the Ichigo vs Ulquiorra fight at episode 266, which would be just about 2 months. Obviously, I have no hard data, but I think this shows that at least long-running series have a collection of unaired episodes. You don't want a show that big suddenly not being able to air at the last second because someone couldn't make it to work the day before...
dotted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:02 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
The only kind of anime fans who'd watch full episodes illegally placed on You Tube are those who'd never pay or watch it legally streamed.

That sir is a lie

teh*darkness wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
Still, I had no idea episodes were ready so far in advance.

As someone said later, I believe the old model was down to the wire, or at least, that can happen sometimes, if something goes wrong, or touch-up work needs to be done. But generally, from the work being shown in trailers, and when production starts and anime shorts being announced to be on series video releases while the show is still airing, I think it makes sense (and there have been two events that kinda point to this) that episodes are usually in a mostly finished state 2-3 months before they air.

The first event was back in December of 2006, when it was announced that the Naruto filler would be ending. I'm guessing that at this point, they had started animating Naruto Shippuuden for the anticipated airing date. The second is a little more recent. During the latest Bleach filler arcs, in between the Zanpakutou arc and the Spirit Beast arc (or whatever people are calling them, I didn't watch them, it was too shitty...) one of the "next episode" previews apparently apologized for the filler and asked viewers to hang in there, as the anime would be returning to canon soon. That was, I believe, 9 weeks before the anime returned to the Ichigo vs Ulquiorra fight at episode 266, which would be just about 2 months. Obviously, I have no hard data, but I think this shows that at least long-running series have a collection of unaired episodes. You don't want a show that big suddenly not being able to air at the last second because someone couldn't make it to work the day before...

You dont need to have a finalized episode to plan ahead of time. It just means that Bleach filler was scheaduled to end in 2 months time, not that they had already finished animating all the fillers.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:23 am Reply with quote
It's a shame :/ Hopefully this doesn't happen again in the near future.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
What sort of damage could it make anyway.

Did you miss the fuss when some episodes were leaked ahead of schedule through FUNimation's portal? It damaged their relationship with Toei and it must have taken some serious grovelling to allow them to continue streaming their shows at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
calimike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I just finish watch ep 169 with subs, and it was awesome!
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote
This looks like it was an accident, so I hope nothing bad comes of it.

Still, the folks over here who saved the episodes and are circulating them on the Internet really make me hate people. The lack of respect they have for the shows they watch is frankly embarrassing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4