• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: A bunch of dubs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Nice, I wanted to check out Red Garden
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Shakugan no Shana is a pretty fun series with a very good dub. It's a shame the second season hasn't been licensed: I'd love to see it picked up with the same dub cast as the first season.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Shakugan no Shana is a pretty fun series with a very good dub. It's a shame the second season hasn't been licensed: I'd love to see it picked up with the same dub cast as the first season.

Where have you been? Season 2, along with the OVA and movie, were licensed by FUNimation, along with a ton of other shows, at Anime Expo a few weeks ago. We don't know if they'll have the same dub cast, but it's a decent possibility.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:

Where have you been? Season 2, along with the OVA and movie, were licensed by FUNimation, along with a ton of other shows, at Anime Expo a few weeks ago. We don't know if they'll have the same dub cast, but it's a decent possibility.

I think they will. After seeing the Two Slayers series that Funimation get. They managed to get the original cast together from NYAV Post to reprise their role, nice to hear Lisa Ortiz's voice as Lina once again. If they can get the original cast to reprise their voice for Slayer Revolution and Evolution R. That does tell me that Funimation is able to get Ocean Group to reprise their role for Shakugan No Shana season 2, OVAs, and the movies. I have heard a lot from fan that Funi may outsource their English voice to other location (they're not only going to use their VAs) like Bang Zoom, and other location (it's a speculation and I can't confirm this). Funimation has been getting a lot of anime and a lot of them are not being dub yet. It might take over a year or 2 to complete most of the dub using their cast but if they outsource their dub to other location it might speed up the process.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:

I was really busy the last few weeks, and hadn't seen any of the anime expo news yet. Foolish me. That's great news though!
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Guyver is cool, but very violent. Shakugan no Shana is one anime that I have interest in seeing.
386sky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quote
Pioneer LDCA is going to come back since you want Someday's Dreamers Season 2 to be dubbed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1