• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Siren Visual acquires Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greboruri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The title will have english dub

Um, is this right? Where exactly did this dub come from? Animax?
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
It wouldn't surprise me if Sentai Filmworks secretly licensed and dubbed the show already, and just hasn't announced it's American release yet.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Sentai Filmworks secretly licensed and dubbed the show already, and just hasn't announced it's American release yet.

It would surprise me immensely if they paid for a dub. Firstly it's expensive, and secondly they cannot publish into the american market. so it would only be for AU/NZ
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Now the perfect anime to torture myself with, I doubt I will want to put myself through that again.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

It would surprise me immensely if they paid for a dub. Firstly it's expensive, and secondly they cannot publish into the american market. so it would only be for AU/NZ

Rrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiight.........

What was that you were saying? Cool
Greboruri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:20 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Sentai say no, they haven't got it.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:18 am Reply with quote
I wondered if someone would license this show in R1 after the earthquake last year, when there might have been some interest, but perhaps that would have been seen as exploitative.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:

Technically they could get US rights and make use of them - it's what Manga did back when they started in the UK. Assuming the mention of dub is not an error they could be splitting the costs with another company. Manga did something like this recently with Welcome to the Space Show- Aniplex owns the dub and can use it as a bargaining chip for selling internationally (one of the reasons it was a US dub rather than UK).
I'm inclined to think Sentai's outright denial means someone else has it mind. Perhaps NISA are willing to commit to a dub is someone else goes halves on it? Or maybe it's some sort of UK/AU coalition (two days till this one gets shot down when we find out what alltheanime is allabout).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Greboruri wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Sentai say no, they haven't got it.

Sentai, Maiden Japan..... Pretty much the exact same thing. They may be two different companies, but they're both under Section23's umbrella.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Via WTK, Siren have confirmed that the US licensee, whoever they are, will be creating the dub. Hopefully this isn't a situation like Mayo Chiki...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1