• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Adds Canaan, Kimikiss Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:02 am Reply with quote
I remember Kimikiss having some sweet moments because of its formatting (instead of one guy getting all the girls there were two guys with two girls each; it worked out a lot better in my opinion). I will probably pick it up as I've been watching Toradora! with my mom and she absolutely loves it. I'm hoping to find some other anime like that to watch with her as well.

I don't know about Canaan, I've heard some negative things about where the story goes but I might give it another chance. It was an obvious choice for a dub, with all of its action and mainstream style. But I'm surprised at the lack of blu-ray. I remember this being a pretty slick series with a lot of action and pretty nice production values.

Also, my sweet Section23, please release ef a tale of memories. If you're going to release Kimikiss and not ef, I will be very disappointed.

EDIT: Oh, never mind. They listed the Canaan blu-ray and dvd sets as seperate in the press release. That makes a lot more sense now. Wink
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
I've been putting off watching Canaan for a while now. Guess the DVDs are going on my "to buy" list now. I'm glad it's getting a dub, quite a few people I know will be happy about that.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
I really enjoyed kimikiss despite what it is.....probably wont buy it due to sentai's insane pricing but ill definitely watch it again if they decide (most likely will) to put it on TAN

So a $50 MSRP for a 13-episode series is "insane pricing?" (Which means you'll probably be able to actually buy it for $35.) What do you consider "sane" pricing, then?

And don't give me comparisons to prices on second or third-pass box set releases, either. Prices are always going to be higher on first-run releases.

This!

People complaining about pricing on anime now are just ignorant. The prices are as cheap as they are ever going to get and it's a hell of alot better then it is in Japan or then it was back in the days of the bubble.

If you don't have the money that's fine but don't go complaining about insane prices when they are as low as they have ever been.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
Canaan was cool but it was short
mudduck454

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 am Reply with quote
well what ever happened to the rest of glass mask??????

I am afraid to buy something until it fully releases,
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
When I first saw the headline, my eyes misread Kimikiss as Kimi ni Todoke and I just about shat brix. I saw the fansub of Kimikiss and it's got its moments but it's sloooooooooooow. Eh, I can see myself buying it at some point because it'll be dubbed. I know nothing about Canaan.
The Count

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
HELL YEAH. Canaan on Blu-Ray is a major pickup for me, best "girls with guns" series I've seen since Gunslinger Girl. It seems like it was just days ago that I was pretending Section23 didn't exist but now I'm loving them. Tears to Tiara, Xam'd, and Canaan all within a couple months, fantastic.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quote
CANAAN with an English dub, and coming soon THIS October?!!

Someone hold me!!! Anime hyper
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
What I really love about Section 23, is that they announce a series, and then they release it only 3 months later. Unlike....well, everyone else in the industry. (Funi...how long ago did you license Oh Edo Rocket???)

At least Funimation, for the most part, dubs most of their series. I much rather wait a long time and get a English audio track rather wait a couple months and maybe get an English audio track.

I am still irritated that they didn't dub Gintama though. I realize the cost of money that is involved, but whatever.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
I'm all over the Blu-Ray releases, the rest I will save for viewing via my Anime Network subscription.
KKDW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quote
Canaan was on e of my favourite series of 2009 and I'm glad to hear it's been licensed, I just hope one of the UK distribution companies picks up to be released over here.
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:05 pm Reply with quote
My favorite thing about Section 23 is that when they announce a license, they usually solicit the title very quickly. If I wanted to pre-order Canaan right now, I could just mosey on over to RightStuf and do so! I wish that more companies would do this!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
The addition of CANAAN and Tears to Tiara makes 4 things I plan to pick up in the month of October. Combine that with the 3 things in September and I have a busy two month span. Hopefully November will be a light month like August.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:43 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Nice, Canaan looked cool when I first heard about it, I'll definitely check it out! Smile

Oooooh! Same here! And that fact that Canaan'll have a dub makes me even more excited!
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I was just wondering last night when we'd see Canaan and Kara no Kyoukai get licensed. I guess that's one down and one to go.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6