• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Adds Canaan, Kimikiss Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bayoab

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Daimao Raki wrote:

Not based on Japanese standards, which apply here.

Not really because they have 4 "seasons" a year. A spring, summer, winter and a fall. A 12-13 episode series runs within one "season". A 24-26 episode runs 2 "seasons", and so on and so forth. Longer running series do not stop at "season" intervals but they are still broken down (typically) into 13 episode seasons. At least from my understanding of Japanese broadcast TV anyway.
You are mistaking the term "cour" for season. A cour is a ~13 week block of time used to indicate how long a specific timeslot has been bought for. It is not the same as a season. Ex: K-on!! is 2 cour, but 1 season called the "2nd season".
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:59 am Reply with quote
I'm way late on seeing this news but hell yes totally buying dual-language Canaan on Blu-ray! Can't freaking wait.

Likely going to be buying the Tears to Tiara Blu-ray as well.

I hope Ando is working on a new project, the man is quickly becoming one of my favorites for action stuff after Sword of the Stranger and Canaan.

Man, the fall is packed with tons of stuff I'm going to be buying this year.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:54 am Reply with quote
I would also like to add that I'm there's such a solid and close release date. I mean October is almost around the corner. Now if someone would license the following shows:

Dennou Coil
Kara no Kyoukai (Garden of Sinners) movies
The rest of the Higurashi series and maybe Umineko
Sasameki Koto
Aoi Hana aka Sweet Blue Flowers (both the anime and the manga)
and finally the Gaogaigar OVAs

I will die a happy camper. I mean c'mon YOU GOT INDEX AND RAILGUN, I'm already halfway there!
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
[quote="bayoab"]
dragonrider_cody wrote:
That may be technically correct, but it's hardly the first time we've had an anime dropped after a season in North America. Everybody has done this, including ADV, Funimation, Viz, Geneon, etc. If the first season flops, most companies aren't going to loose more money on releasing season 2.
The Viz point was how they have handled this, not how it's a unique situation to any company.

Quote:
Also, they never claimed they had season 2, nor made any implications that they planned on licensing and releasing it.

Then the answer to the question would be "We don't have it" (which isn't the answer I got). Also, there is no "season 2". It's 1x 51 episode show. They even called it "Collection 1", which implies there will be a 2.
[quote]

So, what would have had them call the first set then? Glass Mask: The First Half Of the Show, But Don't Get Your Hopes Up That We Have The Second Half Collection?

It's not like this is the first time a company has dropped a show after 1 set, whether it be a season set or not. You can't really expect them to continue it, if it didn't perform profitably.
Deadwing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quote
It's about time someone picked up the rights to Canaan. It was a great show, probably my favorite of that season. Can't wait to add it to my DVD collection.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
When I first saw the headline, my eyes misread Kimikiss as Kimi ni Todoke and I just about shat brix. I saw the fansub of Kimikiss and it's got its moments but it's sloooooooooooow.
Wait, what? Are you sure you know what you're talking about here? Are you simply confusing the two? If any of the series was "slooooooooooow" it would be Kimi ni Todoke. After all, when the series concluded there spoiler[was still no sign of a relationship between Sawako and Kazehaya. They had never kissed, confessed, or even held hands. They had zero progress in their relationship from the start of the series] and I'm absolutely confounded about how the series can be popular. Whereas in Kimikiss, in the very first episode spoiler[there was a kiss between Futami and Kazuki. There were multiple instances of confessions and by the end of the series you knew exactly which pairing had been solidified.] It was an excellent shounen romance anime that had quite an interesting aspect with two male leads (Aihara and Kazuki) instead of just one.

Again, I have to call in question your comment above. Do you care to clarify what you meant by saying it was slow? Because KnT is 100000000% slower.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6