• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Hero Tales 1-22 (s)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xScar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I feel like dumb, I don't know why.

This series, of course, can't compare to FMA... and it's your run-of-the-mill fantasy series for the most part. But though the plot might be cliche, the characters are really what brings this together, I think. The chemistry that goes on between /all/ the characters give this series a nice touch of humor and is what keeps me watching.

Still only have made it half way through the series though... Maybe I'll finish it once FUNi releases the dub, or maybe I'll give in a watch it on here soon-than-then. :S
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:36 am Reply with quote
Agreed, while no FMA ofcourse, I too really enjoyed the beginning of this when the fansubs were coming pretty regularly so I'll probably check out the streams to watch it again.

I think since it's kind of straightforward being able to watch this in a relaxed way with a dub will also be extremely enjoyable, and will definitely get me to finish the show if I don't get to watch all the streaming eps.

spoiler[The funny Taito/Laila scenes always reminded me of the comedy bits with Ed and Al or some Winry-esque well-done bossy moments so I'm glad she came along, I really thought they were going to go with the usual thing where she'd stay at home even though she at least had some training to hopefully not be completely useless and not take advantage of one of the strongest points of FMA, having both Ed and Al "out in the field".]
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I want to read the manga, so I'll pass on the anime for now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1