• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Robot Wars' 2nd TV Anime Confirmed for Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedLeader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quote
YES! OG2! FINALLY! They just better pay more attention to the script this time... The way they drew things out last time, I thought they'd do a new opening the moment Valsione appeared and a third one whenever they finally combined SRX. I was right about Valsione, but I wasn't expecting them to cram the last 5th of the game into two episodes and end with a boss fight that wasn't even in the game and did not allow SRX to show off its moves. Anime hyper

Obari... Obari... He was the character designer for Gravion? Does that mean our girls are gonna slowly get fat through out the show? That's one of the things that bugged the HELL out of me about Gravion (well, one out of MANY things wrong with that show)... I was practically convniced by the end of the show that either the character designer is doped up or he really digs fat chicks. [SHRUGS] But... Wait a sec... he was the character designer for Gowcaizer? Okay... I can see that... And.. Dancougar? The ORIGINAL Dancougar?! But... But the characters on Dancougar don't look ANYTHING like any of the OTHER shows he's done? What the HELL?! O_O Okay, now I'm scared.

[LOOKS UP SCANS] I don't see the fuss over Kusuha... She actually looks CUTER than before. Anime hyper Everyone looks fine. Save for Angelg's new... Details. :p And Excellen's too. Anime hyper Damn, if he worked on Dancougar, how come Sara never got these "details". Anime hyper Okay, not as freaked out now... But... Let's see if he can manage to keep the girls "on model" this time. -_-

Now, I SERIOUSLY hope that someone's going to simulcast this, yes? ANN, I'm lookin' at you guys. You need a robot show to balance out your collection. I should drop some suggestions over at Crunchyroll too. If not... hopefully the fan subbers will pick it up or at least hopefully, no one will notice the Chinese subs on YouTube so we can keep up with it like we did during Divine Wars.

And last but not least... Only slightly off topic but... I'm sorry, but I can't read the name Katoki Hajime in an article now and NOT think of this: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=srx#/dfrqc2 Anime hyper
Juses Gozzo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
LuckyAstei wrote:
W-General wrote:
"The Inspector"...so does that mean they're cutting out Shadow Mirror? Einst?

"The Inspector" is the official subtitle of OG2 as of Original Generations

Which makes no sense as the main story for the game was taken from Super Robot Wars A, and Super Robot Wars Impact, while 3 was mainly a side show.

It's a reference to Neue/Stern Regisseur, whose theme song is called "The Inspector from the Evil Star."
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote
RedLeader wrote:
Obari... Obari... He was the character designer for Gravion? Does that mean our girls are gonna slowly get fat through out the show? That's one of the things that bugged the HELL out of me about Gravion (well, one out of MANY things wrong with that show)... I was practically convniced by the end of the show that either the character designer is doped up or he really digs fat chicks. [SHRUGS] But... Wait a sec... he was the character designer for Gowcaizer? Okay... I can see that... And.. Dancougar? The ORIGINAL Dancougar?! But... But the characters on Dancougar don't look ANYTHING like any of the OTHER shows he's done? What the HELL?! O_O Okay, now I'm scared.

I love Obari's sexy guys. Never really pay attention to the chicks, but they were not fat in Gravion Zwei nor Gravion.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote
Juses Gozzo wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
LuckyAstei wrote:
W-General wrote:
"The Inspector"...so does that mean they're cutting out Shadow Mirror? Einst?

"The Inspector" is the official subtitle of OG2 as of Original Generations

Which makes no sense as the main story for the game was taken from Super Robot Wars A, and Super Robot Wars Impact, while 3 was mainly a side show.

It's a reference to Neue/Stern Regisseur, whose theme song is called "The Inspector from the Evil Star."

That's an insanely loose connection, especially when their is a group in the show called The inspectors which are definitly major lore players due to the Zuvorg Alliance story.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:03 am Reply with quote
Oh this is great. Can't wait to see an animated Wendolo and the Inspectors get worked.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2