• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Adds Tales of the Abyss, Turn A Gundam

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Hooray for the Kannagi manga! \o/

And now I'll back out so that you Gundam boys can have your fun. Wink
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I am definitely getting Turn A Gundam. Been hearing about it for a long time... never seen it. In any case, it is good news that Bandai is giving us more Gundam titles.

I don't really know anything about Tales of the Abyss. Will have to preview that one before making any decisions.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote
good. turn a gundam=win

tota was good too but im more happy about that just because it will spread the awesomeness of bump of chicken to more ears
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Great news on both of these. I was just thinking the other day that Tales of the Abyss needed to get licensed. I wonder if Bandai will give it a Blu-ray release?

I'm ashamed to say that even thought I'm a huge Gundam and Tomino fan I actually waited for Bandai to license Turn A. That is until about 2 months ago when I finally gave up hope and started downloading fan subs. Now I only have about 10 episodes left before I'm done. What I've seen of it is absolutely fantastic though. I can't wait to re-watch it on DVD. Now I just need to decide whether I should hold of on the last 10 episodes and wait until the DVD release or go ahead and finish it with the fan subs.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quote
More Gundam is always welcome, especially since Turn A Guandam is one of the 3 I haven't seen from the franchise. (The other two being ZZ Gundam and Victory Gundam)
RommieSG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quote
Doesn't make sense to me, licensing Turn-A before ZZ. I'd really prefer to have the continuation from their Zeta licensing a few years ago, and finish that aspect of the story.

But it'll give me a reason to watch Zeta over again when they finally license ZZ in another twenty years.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
I'm very pleased with you Bandai. Turn A is a pretty unique and fun series. It's not really like any other Gundam out there but maybe that could be a good thing.

I'm sort of surprised to see Turn A before either ZZ (the last of the core UC series) or X (A show which probably should have followed Wing back in the day) but I won't pass her up.

I hope against hope we see this dubbed. (ocean would be good but I'd take Blue water) and possibly on Sci-fi.
sonickid101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:34 am Reply with quote
Tales of the Abyss and the Kannagi manga? ok at least Bandai is licencing again and- WAIT!?! Turn A Gundam!?! OH GOD YES!!! FINNALLY!! MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE! I realy hope they dub it, but hey, I never expected Turn A to ever be picked up so I guess thats good enough. Great news!
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:26 am Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:
I'm very pleased with you Bandai. Turn A is a pretty unique and fun series. It's not really like any other Gundam out there but maybe that could be a good thing.

I'm sort of surprised to see Turn A before either ZZ (the last of the core UC series) or X (A show which probably should have followed Wing back in the day) but I won't pass her up.

I hope against hope we see this dubbed. (ocean would be good but I'd take Blue water) and possibly on Sci-fi.

Don't like Bluewater they have a so-so cast even Ocean Group, I cannot trust, I can't even fathom on doing this dub. The one thing about doing their dub well is the Mai franchise. But they won't do the upcoming saga as well, you can bet on your bottom dollar on that.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:53 am Reply with quote
Yeah~ Tales of the Abyss~ xD I don't even care if the English dub sucks~ We're actually GETTING IT.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't expect this! Nice work Bandai! I'm definitely getting Turn A Gundam when it comes out! Boy I hope it's dubbed in English!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:13 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Well, if it does get an Ocean dub, I hope they do a better job than they did with Gundam 00. What a horrible, horrible dub that was.
I'd be more than happy to see a dub half as good as Gundam 00's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FaytLein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 am Reply with quote
Honestly, the last four Gundam releases are kind of...hard to sell in a word. ZZ is older than most fans, and its silly first half tends to be a blow against it. V Gundam, while being newer, and longer than any other series, is both really depressing (Usso's mom's death and....the scene afterwards) or insane (BIKINI DEATH SQUAD anybody?) Gundam X seems like it would be a sure thing, but while the microwave cannon might make you think Gundam Wing, its shorter length and lack of Wing-esque action might bring it down.

I haven't seen Turn A before, but I'm really wondering how they are going to market it. There doesn't seem to be huge battles, and the quasi Victorian age doesn't seem to be big these days. But leave it to Bandai to go for robot shows, goodness knows they are the only ones that do anymore.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:02 am Reply with quote
CG-LOVER wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Well, if it does get an Ocean dub, I hope they do a better job than they did with Gundam 00. What a horrible, horrible dub that was.
I'd be more than happy to see a dub half as good as Gundam 00's.

Most are twice as good.

Gundam 00's English dub is a case of having a cast of very talented voice actors that are either miscast, phone it in, or in some cases, both.

I spent the whole time wondering when great VAs like Brad Swaile and Paul Dobson were going to start being their usual awesome selves again. It never came. Somebody should inform Swaile that just because he was amazing in Death Note doesn't mean he gets to slack off from now on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:26 am Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
Yeah~ Tales of the Abyss~ xD I don't even care if the English dub sucks~ We're actually GETTING IT.

In a way, as much as I prefer my releases being bilingual, I hope Tales of the Abyss doesn't get a dub, just so I can get the Blu-Ray... I'm tired of them releasing their BDs as dub-only. If they can shake off their evil Japanese parent corporation and the horribly overstated myth of economy-crushing reverse importation, then a bilingual Blu-Ray would be acceptable as well. Here's hoping.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8