• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Simulcasts Mitsudomoe TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
utawoutau

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I watched this show and seethed with murderous intent for "why has no one ever killed you" pain in the ass sisters, the spineless teacher, and all of their classmates that put up with this crap.

No sir, I don't like it.
Annf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I see the "if it has children in it, it must be for pedos" brigade is out in full force...

The comic runs in Shounen Champion.
It's a juvenile toilet-humor series written to make adolescent boys giggle. Nothing more, nothing less.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
If they were in college? You sir, as foolish. If they were in college and were going the snot jokes...it would be faaaaaaaaaaaaar more disgusting and not even remotely funny.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote
If anyone's wondering, this is Minami-ke loli-fied and multiplied. Not to mention by the same director (and animation studio?) of the first Minami-ke.
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quote
utawoutau wrote:
I watched this show and seethed with murderous intent for "why has no one ever killed you" pain in the ass sisters, the spineless teacher, and all of their classmates that put up with this crap.

Too bad. Episode 3 completely rectified that issue.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:20 am Reply with quote
Personally, I found this show incredibly boring and not funny ... which is unfortunate, because the animation is cute and I love the opening number. Ah well.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quote
The only two shows I wanted to watch this Summer season were Strike Witches 2 and Mitsudomoe, so now I can watch all the anime I want legally. Yay CR. Simulcasting banzai~.

I've only seen the first two episodes of Mitsudomoe, but I'm loving it so far.

Sudo wrote:
egoist wrote:
Quote:
There isn't even any fanservice...

Uh? You telling me karate girl wasn't sexualized yet? I doubt you'll ever see an anime in this category with no fanservice.
Anyway, episode 2 sucked. They tried to use the same dirty joke over and over for a few minutes.
Beginning of episode 3 nearly made me drop it, but it got better towards the end.
Good thing CR picked it up. I'd hate to feel obligated to buy this thing if it ever came out in North America (by that I mean no chance any UK company will get it).

By fanservice I mean they didn't actually show her in any sort of state of undress. spoiler[She said she wasn't wearing panties, but you couldn't tell just by looking.]

She does wear spats and there's a scene in Episode 1 and 2 where she falls prone on the floor and her nether regions are detailed with a greater than normal level of care. Sort of similar to Sanya at the avant-title of Strike Witches' 7th Episode. I don't remember the exact time, but I do remember that quite clearly.

Edit: It's 4:58 in Episode 1, going by CR's timestamps.
extatix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
What makes it funnier is that spoiler[ while the teacher does not approve of it, the principal of the school does claiming it to be the best drawing of breasts he has ever seen.]

Which leads to this.
LiuXuande

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
The only thing you could compare this to would be KnJ Second Season...though I feel this is worse, it's pretty much mostly slapstick, fluid (blood included) and bodily/toilet humor with little kids. They spend half of the first episode on spoiler[a classroom hamster that they decided to name "chikubi" (nipples) because it's tail feels like a nipple].

People comparing it to the first, and more well known season of Kodomo no Jikan might as well be comparing it to Manabi Straight; they share nothing in common other than the age of the characters. KnJ actually has a plot and the show itself is far less sexualized (can't say the same about the manga, though some could argue the merit or reason behind some of that as well) from a fanservice standpoint than people make it out to be. If anything, I would compare the themes to a modern-day "Lolita", something that has reason to use certain plotlines, than something more perverted or "pedo".
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
If they were in college? You sir, as foolish. If they were in college and were going the snot jokes...it would be faaaaaaaaaaaaar more disgusting and not even remotely funny.

You've got a point and let me tell you, I agree with you totally. But when I said it would be another story if they were in college, I really meant the characters age, not so much the jokes.

Also, in college, there might be less of a chance of a spineless teacher.

Anyway, I did try one episode but didn't enjoy it very much.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote
The show seems to play off of misunderstandings as the basis for its humor. This type of humor goes way back to both Japanese and American sit-coms. It's played quite well but actually portrays the characters as more tame and "normal" than all the implied jokes and what ensues from the misunderstandings make them out to be.

Like for example "the-youngest-san" inadvertantly catches the attention of an occult otaku at school because she's so gloomy and anti-social. It's the occult freak who really is off her rocker and the more Hitoha-chan tries to get away, the more she is seen as a legendary spirit priestess.

I think I'll continue watching it, but felt I should have been more impressed given that I normally have a stomach for twisted, toilet humor and those that don't were clearly disgusted by it (all the more reason for me to like it).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:59 am Reply with quote
We'd rather watch South Park! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2