• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: D&Q Adds Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths, NonNonBa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GloriousMaximus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Those titles sound really interesting, I'll definitely check them out when they're released. Especially Towards Our Noble Deaths, after reading Barefoot Gen I'd like to read about what it is like to be a soldier in Japan during WW2.
Also, very disappointed, no announcement about Princess Knight (sorry couldn't help myself).
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely have to check out Onwards Toward Our Noble Deaths. It looks really interesting. Smile
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Wow, a another title by Shigeru Mizuki. I always wanted read some works by him. Looks like I'll get the chance. Thanks D&Q. More recommendations coming along nicely.
Ian K

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quote
Those largely unfamiliar with Mizuki Shigeru's work, like me, might find this article about his career and his anti-war, anti-revisionist stance interesting:

War and Japan: The Non-Fiction Manga of Mizuki Shigeru

It also includes a very interesting short work he made about Japan's role in WWII.
jimpac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:32 am Reply with quote
Wow. There have been some good announcements at SDCC but I think this must be the best one I've heard. Both these books sound really interesting. Can't wait to get hold of them both.
Any word on release dates? I'm imagining the first one won't be out until late 2011.
I wonder if this much needed exposure of Mizuki in the west will make someone consider picking up GeGeGe no Kitaro? I hope so...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1