• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hugh Laurie's House, Tezuka's Black Jack Co-Star in Ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quote
brand wrote:
Wow this is pretty cool. I can dig this. It would be even better with animated House though, lol.

Agreed- animated House would take this from awesome to epic.

I still look forward to seeing it, though. Very Happy
~nanashi~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote
This is the sweetest bit of news I've heard of in a while, I'm really excited about it and can't to see it! Very Happy A lot of people here may disagree with me but my money is on House. Anime smile + sweatdrop He always seems to solve the unsolvable. Mr. Green But that's just my two cents.
Campbell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, awesome. Just awesome. I would love to see this!
BrightxRingxFirefly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see this! My money's on Black Jack; he's done some pretty crazy stuff.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I've heard good things about House, but, like Lost, I don't have time to keep up with it. I just hope we see the promo soon.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
House is small time compared to Black Jack. Let's see House operate on himself in a tent in Australia, surrounded by wild dingos.

Not really, considering Hugh Laurie is real and Black Jack is entirely fictional. Plus, didn't Black Jack reserve to treat several of his patients and didn't some of them pass away?

Yes, his character House may be fictional, but it's not like he is ink and pencil.

Needless to say, if it were a contest between the two, I bet that House would easily win.
BassKuroi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! House vs. Black Jack!!
Treetastic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:00 pm Reply with quote
~nanashi~ wrote:
This is the sweetest bit of news I've heard of in a while, I'm really excited about it and can't to see it! Very Happy A lot of people here may disagree with me but my money is on House. Anime smile + sweatdrop He always seems to solve the unsolvable. Mr. Green But that's just my two cents.

Well, each is the best in his own field. House is a great diagnostician, but doesn't usually do surgery, while Black Jack is a great surgeon who isn't that great at diagnoses. What I'm really wondering is what they are competing at.

They are quite similar personality-wise, though. Although for House, he kind of stopped being the brilliant, over-logical cynic around the 3rd/4th season, and turned into just an angry lunatic. Which is too bad. But I'll watch this ad anyway, it looks fun. Smile
Pedestrian A

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Yes, his character House may be fictional, but it's not like he is ink and pencil.

Huh? What you've just said doesn't mean anything. House himself was conceived from the creator's mind and was written on to paper. In the end, they are both fictional characters.

Indeed, House has a living human acting as him in reality, but that does not result in the actor being the character. Hugh Laurie is Hugh Laurie, not House. Why must you drag the real-life actor into the realm of fiction?

Oh yeah, most likely Black Jack and House will put aside their cultural and personal differences aside and work together to save the patient from a sudden "irregularity".

I, for one, would like to see Jack Black with Black Jack in a skit.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Such an awesome idea. This is advertising done right.
Lenks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm more curious if they're going to use stock footage, or if Laurie is going to film some separate scenes (the article did say at the end that it would be dubbed). If Laurie does film separate scenes, there might be a chance that this becomes a web exclusive or something for the American audience.
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I'm excited.

treetastic wrote:
Well, each is the best in his own field. House is a great diagnostician, but doesn't usually do surgery, while Black Jack is a great surgeon who isn't that great at diagnoses.

I would so watch them work on a case together, then.
DTJB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:24 am Reply with quote
Oh my God. Very Happy My dreams just came true, like I went to heaven.
Yuki Asuka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:45 am Reply with quote
Anyway Dr. House and Black Jack have their unique ways of dealing with patients and getting things done even though some of their characteristics are controversial obviously! It'd be kinda interesting to see how they react once they meet each other! Anime smile
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Pedestrian A wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Huh? What you've just said doesn't mean anything. House himself was conceived from the creator's mind and was written on to paper. In the end, they are both fictional characters.

Indeed, House has a living human acting as him in reality, but that does not result in the actor being the character. Hugh Laurie is Hugh Laurie, not House. Why must you drag the real-life actor into the realm of fiction?

Oh yeah, most likely Black Jack and House will put aside their cultural and personal differences aside and work together to save the patient from a sudden "irregularity".

I, for one, would like to see Jack Black with Black Jack in a
skit.

As obvious as it is, what I meant is Hugh Laurie is real and all Black Jack is is ink and pencil. One is real and the other is entirely fictional.

Moving on, I didn't know Hugh Laurie spoke Japanese though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3