• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Welcome to The Space Show

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Well I finally had a chance to see this movie yesterday as part of Gkids's festival program for this year. This was the premier dub. The original sub was screened 2 years ago (2011). Now I will have to agree with the review. It's visual stunning, and it is a fun watch when you get there but the plot is extremely bogged down with too much story that you have to ask yourself, which is really the plot and how does it connect. And yes and it does drag. It's one of those cases where someone wanted to make an original movie that sounds good but once they get there the critic is where you pick all the flaws. It was a good execution but there may have been a better way to break down the story instead of throwing it into a 2hr and 18 min movie. Sure we watch those types of movies but it's important to make the point without being garbled. But all in all I did enjoy it and will add it to my collection. While not the best I am glad to see productions like this happening. Smile

Would you say it's Lensman bad (I refer to the 1984 movie of course, yet I would watch that film anyway since I'm into no-brainer films like that)? Shame if it just runs off the rails easily.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
When will this get a US home video release? The fact that the dub now has a theatrical showing seems like a great chance for it being licensed for video.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2