• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
If life were more like anime...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:58 pm Reply with quote
If life were like Japanese anime, I'd build a hideout for all black people before we're plagued with the disease of being inaccurately drawn, and/or living for 2 minutes then dying a horrible death.

- Advocate for the Devil Twisted Evil
carnivalcreepa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to go for the ability to turn into a Super Saiyan, a la Dragonball Z. The abilities to fly and shoot energy beams from my hands would also be cool.
El Oso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, lets see.... I would talk only in subtitles, have one giant sweat gland on my head, and carry a massive sword that by all rights should be impossible to lift. I would also have an almost unlimited amount of blood so I could be shot, stabbed, thrown out of a window several stories high, or have limbs torn off Shocked

Quote:
If life were like Japanese anime, I'd build a hideout for all black people before we're plagued with the disease of being inaccurately drawn, and/or living for 2 minutes then dying a horrible death.

ROFL Laughing
Lazuright

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:22 am Reply with quote
I don't know...i mean...life as anime would be fun, but if life was anime then anime would not be "anime", it would be life. Confused

Let's try again, lets say that anime is our everyday life, flying people, gundams, magic, etc. Then "anime" as we know it would be something else.
spoiler[Anime is an escape, a sub-reality for some, and entertainment. Its story's that we dream of, things we hope to happen to us, fantasy's we want to live.]
If we live anime, then what would anime be in the "anime life"?
Get it yet Question

But if anime was life, i would want a life similar to that of Fooly Cooly, The 12 Kingdoms or even.....Nah! Fooly Cooly! Or so i think at the moment.

But here's a question, if anime was life, then like in this life, would you dream of another life?
kamiboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Lazuright wrote:

If we live anime, then what would anime be in the "anime life"?

That's simple, it would be the normal life we live now, and it would be so boring that nobody would want to watch it. Besides, who in their right mind would want to watch television with all the cool anime things happening in the world around them? I know I wouldn't; I'd be too busy practising my triumphant evil-guy laugh while mercilessly killing my loyal subordinates for incompetence. Muwha ha ha ha ha ha!
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:26 am Reply with quote
I would go and search for Great Teacher Largo Sensei. Then, I would ask him for some of his special classes.

I would speak in l33t, and be subtitled in...bah, l33t t00.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Iria51 wrote:
Oh, and everyone would have blue or green spikey hair.

...some of us already have blue spikey hair Wink

I would walk around with 2 katanas strapped across my back and have lots of throwing knives in various convenient places on my person.
not that I would go around killing people, or anything
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nani?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:19 am Reply with quote
Subtitles would appear in thin air on the lower part of our field of vision, translating Japanese for us Gaijin, provided we pushed the right buttons on our Dvd players. We of course, would respond in perfect Engrish in response.

All the Best,

Nani?
deekay

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:38 am Reply with quote
Um, lets see...
Tokyo will be the capital of the world, or rather Neotokyo.
The citizens would live in fear of their city being blown up - again.
There would not be any people of colour or unattractive woman.
People will stop in the middle of fights to engage in discussions or explain what they are doing before continuing.
All school girls will have to wear ultra small mini skirts.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quote
i know this might get locked being that im reviving a very old thread but i think its amusing and some of the newer folks would get a kick out of it.

any if life were more like anime....

I would either be a chunin

or magical girl with talking animal sidekick.

American superhero...nonexistant. Nothing but ninjas and DBZ looking guys.

Everyones popular girl would be Ran Kotobuki

The bully would be a guy named Boss who wears an old school japanese school uniform with cap

Robots would rampage the city....often and magical girls and fighter boys would take turns being "the hero"

thats all i can think of.
dxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I would like to ride Kaneda's motorcycle and have Tetsuo's power! That would be pretty good !!!

Use paper as they do on R.O.D the tv and of course, be a SSJ 4 like goku did

Buy Sumomo from Chobits, i love Sumomo!
bluepita

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
Alright here's the truth: If life were more like anime, I'd end up being one of gaggle of girls hanging around a geeky guy in a harem anime. (Well, 15 years or so ago. Now I'd be the drunk teacher.) All you men on here would be a part of the reverse harem group. The majority of us would never get laid again, because only one of those gets lucky. In the mean time, we'd be sexually frustrated. Wink
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:00 am Reply with quote
If life were like...

Sumomo mo Momomo, I would cry, because having a bug-eyed colloquial Japanese-speaking martial arts girl follow you every corner you go would be really, really painful. Although, I'd probably take up her free offer once or twice.

Pumpkin Scissors, I would also cry, because I'd probably not last very long before I got squashed by some arrogant sadistic maniacal tank-riding villain sitting there doing absolutely nothing but laughing like an idiot while his dim-witted henchmen do all the grunt work.

Tokimeki Memorial, I would...cry, because being chased around 5 miles by the whole school while wearing nekomimi in order to impress some girl who isn't even that great looking doesn't sound like much fun. Violent chick, anyone? (For once, this statement can be taken at face value!)

Death Note, I would...hm...cry. I could go hide in a corner and try to erase my existence...would increase my chances of living, at least.

Asatte no Houkou, I would, er, cry. Why? Everyone is already on the verge of crying anyway, why not join in on the fun?

Kanon 2006, I'd be satisfied. Forever.
-shana-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:14 am Reply with quote
if life were like anime id want to be the heroine type like naru or shana.i wana have the kawii factor hehe Very Happy
i wouldnt mind being the dramatic heroine either like being a gundam pilot an sorts Wink
DaZ616

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:36 am Reply with quote
If life were like anime, ill kill my self straight away. Nah jokes, but seriously i will.

Jokes aside,

If life were like anime ill either turn reality into anime.. or

Ill be rescued by Hal Bhed divers in a certain area, and one of them, Yikku, tells me that the city had been destroyed a thousand years ago. I'll then have little time to dwell on the significance of this news before Zin attacks again, separating Me from the others. I will eventually wash up on the tropical island of Nesaid, where i meets Lakka, captain of the local Plitzball team. Impressed by my skills, Lakka asks me to join his team in an upcoming tournament in Tuca, suggesting that i may meet someone i know there.

I then am introduced to Luna, a young summoner who is following in the footsteps of her deceased father Laska, who temporarily vanquished Zin ten years prior. Laska's guardians were Ruron and Zecht, my missing father, who had been assumed dead at sea ten years earlier.Ill also get to meet Zulu and Cimahri, who, along with Lakka, are to serve as Luna's guardians, journeying with her on her pilgrimage to the ruins of Sanarkand.

Until i think of something to do if life were like Anime....

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3