• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Macross 30 PS3 Game's 4-Minute Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 am Reply with quote
Arrrrrrg. I wish this was a show. Because you know we won't get this game translated over here. It looks so cool.
Tochiro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:36 am Reply with quote
It's not like a show would ever be legally localised anyway and the PS3 is region free, so why not give it a try anyway?
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
Tochiro wrote:
It's not like a show would ever be legally localised anyway and the PS3 is region free, so why not give it a try anyway?

Because it appears to involve a lot of text and probably unsubbed voice acting. I would not be a very good experience I'm sure.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:10 am Reply with quote
Do want.

But, is it canon? It seems more like an "A.C.E." game for Macross.

I find it hard to believe that Kawamori relented on not bringing back Hikaru, Misa, and Minmei for a canon story.
Tochiro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:00 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:

Because it appears to involve a lot of text and probably unsubbed voice acting. I would not be a very good experience I'm sure.

Its still primarily and action game and there will always be online walkthrus, so if its something you're really interested in then i'd say go for it.
Heck, I imported FF8 to play with the assistance of 3 dictionaries back in the day, and that was for a title that was guaranteed to get (eventually) localized - but well, if Mr Adventure isnt all that Adventurous, it cant be helped I suppose, lol.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:18 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Tochiro wrote:

Learn Japanese. Problem solved.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Mr Adventure wrote:
Tochiro wrote:

Learn Japanese. Problem solved.

A lot easier said than done.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:06 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Do want.

I find it hard to believe that Kawamori relented on not bringing back Hikaru, Misa, and Minmei for a canon story.

Someone doesn't know what happen after Macross.

In 2012, Hikaru, Misa, and Minmei embarks on the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 colony ship, which disappears 4 years later during its voyage towards the center of the Milky Way galaxy.
[Note this info has been around since the 80's.]

My guess is they were sent to the future.
Tochiro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:21 am Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
Banken wrote:
Do want.

In 2012, Hikaru, Misa, and Minmei embarks on the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 colony ship, which disappears 4 years later during its voyage towards the center of the Milky Way galaxy.

Except that Minmay looks obviously younger than she did in FB2012 and the game happens on a planet that has a tendency to slip through fold years in time and space. That information has been available since it was printed in Famitsu a whole 2 weeks ago. But someone mustn't keep up with the news Wink
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
Banken wrote:
Do want.

Silly nub, I was referring to the fac that Kawamori vowed to never revealed what happened to them after they disappeared.

Also, looking at this character chart makes me think that is absolutely positively NOT canon, at least it had better not be;

http://b.bngi-channel.jp/macross30/character/

About a 1/4th of the characters on here are dead, and died the old fashioned way (being exploded).
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
But, is it canon?

Bah, I'm still waiting for a Macross anything I'm willing to accept as a sequel. The more sequels they make, the better Macross II -- for all its many faults -- starts to look to me.

[/grumpy old school Macross fan]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1