• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Supernatural Anime Teaser Trailer Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ayashe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:07 am Reply with quote
A Supernatural... anime? What the...
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quote
Padalecki and Ackles are providing voice overs? Awesome. I wonder how much the English voice over will cover though. Will there be a full English dub or are Padalecki and Ackles just sort of voicing segments...

EDIT: Ah, just noticed the added portion of the article.
Nerv1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:11 am Reply with quote
I can't wait till this comes out. Hopefully it will be just as good as the original tv series.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:16 am Reply with quote
ayashe wrote:

You hadn't heard? The announcement was about two months ago. It's huge over there.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:36 am Reply with quote
Mind you, the US actors are dubbing a couple segments for the Japanese release in addition to the Japanese actors who dub them for the regular show, who are dubbing the whole animated series. Who knows how the US dub is going to be. Though I'm sure the fanbase here would have to have Ackles and Padalacki for the American voices. Of course the real question mark is if they can get Jeffery Dean Morgan for papa Winchester who it seems is in the animation. They haven't had him back on the show since.. well.. you know.
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quote
Looking good. This is going to be a big win for anime and non anime fans. It'll also be a god send, to have some more anime with a decent story to buy, and also stands a chance to fill that huge gap left by Hellsing and the woeful Devil May Cry.

I already have season 1-3 of Supernatural, so this will be added to my list. Character designs look good, as does the animation. Can't wait til January now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:23 am Reply with quote
You're kidding me right? Interesting.
Egret

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:24 am Reply with quote
Will those two episodes be the only two dubbed into English, or the only two dubbed for the initial Japanese release? I guess I understand if the actors don't have time to dub the whole season--they are working full-time on the show--but it wouldn't seem right to watch with other voices. They created those characters, and I'm not sure I'd really be willing to watch an entire season without them.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:46 am Reply with quote
This sounds really cool. You would think the CW would want to get the chance to some additional revenue from this by officially releasing this in the U.S. Hopefully it will happen someday.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quote
I'm taking this as a good sign that the US producers and cast are aware of the project, and more than likely will be available to dub when it comes over here. I have a crazy aunt obsessed with Supernatural, not at all familar with anime, but she's excited for the project too, and if it hasn't spread yet, the news will probably spread among the nutsos at the upcoming official Supernatural Convention she's attending.

That trailer has me excited for the anime. Very Happy
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quote
This looks really nice. I want it! I'm glad the crew and cast are aware of it--hopefully it increases the chance of getting them to dub the characters in an English release.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:32 am Reply with quote
ayashe wrote:

uh yeah, where were you when this was announced?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:44 am Reply with quote
Dear Japan,
Thank you for taking the time to actually create a stellar product from a US property. Unfortunately, all I can do is offer my deepest condolences our entertainment industry does not reciprocate this with most of the creations given to us. Some are trying, so there's always hope.

Sincerely,
PetrifiedJello
Future pre-order candidate once the series is licensed in the US
myochan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:24 am Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Mind you, the US actors are dubbing a couple segments for the Japanese release in addition to the Japanese actors who dub them for the regular show, who are dubbing the whole animated series. Who knows how the US dub is going to be. Though I'm sure the fanbase here would have to have Ackles and Padalacki for the American voices. Of course the real question mark is if they can get Jeffery Dean Morgan for papa Winchester who it seems is in the animation. They haven't had him back on the show since.. well.. you know.

I don't know. Since what?
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote
The weirdest thing is that the series is going straight to DVD Funimation style (with the entire first half of the series in one set). That's very unusual for Japan. Even OVA's are released one episode per disc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2