• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Kazan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptolemy18
Manga Reviewer/Creator/Taster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
I'm curious where the PDF's are available now, as ComicsOne's site has long been closed- perhaps I'm looking at the wrong spot on Dr.Masters's site?

Some volumes are for sale on lulu.com but I'm not 100% sure if they're legit, though ComicsOne is credited on their webpage, so probably- they sell for the same 2.95 as CO's original edition did. They have some of ComicsOne's other PDF comics listed as well. I'm guessing Jason would have a better idea.

They are available on several ebook sites, like ebookmall.com. Actually, I don't know whether these sites even have the right to continue selling it or what the rules are for ebook "licenses." It's nice from a consumer's standpoint that the material is still available, though.
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Never heard of this title so thanks for the heads up cause it sounds worthwhile.
I can't believe that such a thing was released digitally so long ago - apparently an idea ahead of its time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:41 am Reply with quote
ptolemy18 wrote:
Treetastic wrote:
Actually, it seems kind of like if Studio Ghibli did King of Bandit Jing. Which is to say, interesting. I'm interested.

Good comparison, but it's not nearly as bonkers as King of Bandit Jing. Smile It's more like the world's best Nausicaa dojinshi.
Hey, I like the Bonkers that Jing is. Sure there's no over arching storyline to speak of but not every comic need that.
ptolemy18
Manga Reviewer/Creator/Taster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
ptolemy18 wrote:
Treetastic wrote:
Actually, it seems kind of like if Studio Ghibli did King of Bandit Jing. Which is to say, interesting. I'm interested.

Good comparison, but it's not nearly as bonkers as King of Bandit Jing. Smile It's more like the world's best Nausicaa dojinshi.
Hey, I like the Bonkers that Jing is. Sure there's no over arching storyline to speak of but not every comic need that.

I never said that Jing wasn't good, I just said that Kazan wasn't much like it. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2