• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordByron227

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I really want a Figure of Lt. Col MILF. I mean holy christ dude. Dem assets.

Also, I picked up my C.C. Yukata Fig. (SQ/Banpresto) from my mailbox. The box was damaged and frankly, I'm not sure if its "new"?

I dunno, the box received damage from shipping and the tape looked pretty old. Although the figure itself seems undamaged. Any ideas/tips on helping me spot a new/used figure?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:
Ultimate Madoka
November 2012 delayed to December 2012
Link

That's good news money-wise since her and the Bakemonogatari BD set were heavy purchases in the same month, but I shudder to think of the torment it'll go through during the holidays. Post Office people just don't give a shit, doubly so during the holidays when there's just so much stuff in circulation, and so I fear for her safety.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quote
Luckily AmiAmi has always done a good job of packing their figures so they get through unscathed. Plus that's why I went with EMS for her. The less time the postal employees have to touch the package, the safer she'll be.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Luckily AmiAmi has always done a good job of packing their figures so they get through unscathed. Plus that's why I went with EMS for her. The less time the postal employees have to touch the package, the safer she'll be.

I recently order this NSFW Erio figure NSFW from AmiAmi and selected SAL Small Packet (Registered). It took two weeks exact for delivery. They were right about taking two to three weeks for delivery.

I was very impressed that the box arrived in pristine condition. AmiAmi packaged Erio with a good amount of paper to protect her. It took longer but picking the cheaper shipping option lessens the damage to the wallet for me.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I usually go with SAL Small Packet Registered, except recently I've been combining all my orders into one monthly order, so I have to use SAL Parcel. In either case, AmiAmi has always packed my figures up real nice and snug so they're not shifting around, but not so tight that the packaging damages them, and the boxes they ship in are all real sturdy, so I'm confident any figure I get from them will arrive in one piece.

Blood- wrote:
I think I've bitched about this before, but I'll do it again: umm, why aren't there like a bajillion Fairy Tail figures? It's a bona fide franchise with character designs absolutely ripe for exploitation, yet my quick Google search failed to yield evidence of a single PVC figure. Does not compute.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. Fairy Tail is practically tailor made for a massive figure campaign too. Even if someone like GSC only released the females, there are a ton of characters that they could be making. There's gotta be something behind the scenes preventing it, because no figure maker out there would not want to basically be printing money with these figures.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I am interested in pre-ordering Kanade (Mayo Chiki!) but there may be a problem. At AmiAmi, it says it is for sale in Japan only. Are you still able to order it with non-Japanese address?

At Hobby Search, it lets you order Kanade without the restriction.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Yup, I've ordered many items from AmiAmi that were listed as "For sale in Japan only" and I've never once been refused. So, buy with confidence.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Yup, I've ordered many items from AmiAmi that were listed as "For sale in Japan only" and I've never once been refused. So, buy with confidence.

Yeah, but that's only because you've bought so much stuff from them that they consider you an honorary Japanese citizen. Wink

Yeah, I don't know why amiami bothers putting that statement in. Many, many of us who don't live in the Land of the Rising Sun have ordered from them without difficulty.
pinlao

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys and girls!
I am new to the forum and was womdering if any of you kow if an Aria figure from this series exist. Any info is appreciated. You can also message me on twitter @pinlao. Much thanks Very Happy
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
What series is "this" series. Do you mean the Aria the Animation/Origination/Natural?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
pinlao wrote:
Hey guys and girls!
I am new to the forum and was womdering if any of you kow if an Aria figure from this series exist. Any info is appreciated. You can also message me on twitter @pinlao. Much thanks Very Happy

Yeah, there's about 100 of them. Assuming you're talking from the series Aria. If you're talking a figure of a character called Aria, then you'll have to be more specific.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote
From Sacred Blacksmith apparently.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
In that case, then no, not to my or MFC's knowledge. In fact, their database only shows 4 garage kits, 3 Cecily's and a Lisa.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quote
Good news in an odd way. Delivery of my order for KnK Shiki in kimono has been delayed until late January, which suits me fine as I'm broke at the moment. Phew.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pinlao

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 am Reply with quote
Yes from Sacred Blacksmith sorry. Thanks for the responses.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 87 of 111