• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z Kai Premieres on Toonzai on Saturday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:42 am Reply with quote
Bell02 wrote:
I find this hilarious that 4Kids edited the edited version that airs on Nicktoons network, and still have their continuous bad ideas like a splash image that screams "Toonzai!!11" showing a poorly done Surfing Ninja that takes up half the screen.

This sounds awfully familiar....Oh, I know!!

ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Seriously though let me ask you about the Toonzai logo + wave. Is it meant to take up 40% of the lower half of the screen every time it gets ran?
Given what I know of US Televsion and it's workings (Which si to say what AWO had to say on the subject) yes. and your supposed to be punched in the face every time you blink during the adverts.
ljaesch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Seriously though let me ask you about the Toonzai logo + wave. Is it meant to take up 40% of the lower half of the screen every time it gets ran?

I watched the premiere on Toonzai on Saturday, and I believe this whole surfer thing we were seeing was part of a contest going on right now (at least, that's the impression I was getting from a promo I saw air during both TMNT and DBZKai).

But I thought the timing of one of the surfers was just bad in DBZKai. I'm specifically thinking of the first time he showed up. It was when the Planet Vegeta wa exploding. As the planet is in the middle of exploding, the surfer guy goes across the screen yelling, "TOONZAI!" I just had to stop for a minute, shake my head, and think, "I did NOT just see that." IMHO, that was just poor placement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Jaymie wrote:
Wow, I can actually catch this on TV. Nice.

not quite. this is horrid. DBZ at the hands of 4 crap kids. AS bad as Disney X.D's destruction of Naruto Shippuden.

One thing for sure is that if the DBZ kai broadcast on nick to start turning off hardcore fans from Funi, this will sure as hell will.

thank god we dubbers at least still have Adult Swim which wont piss off anime fans.

especially with new Epsiodes of Bleach to look forward to.

True that. Seeing what 4kids did to One Piece and Shaman King, I shudder to think what they will do to Dragon Ball Z Kai.

Though the Disney version of Naruto Shippuden was also pretty bad, but not nearly as bad 4kids edits. And that is saying a lot since Disney has the whole ultra squeaky clean G rated image.

AS is pretty good about their anime as well. Then again, they are a pretty great station to start with, without or without anime. Ever have a stressful day at the job or such, Robot Chicken is on to make the day worthwhile whilst making one laugh.

I too look forward to the "new" episodes of Bleach myself. It's been so long, I've forgotten what happened last episode. But as long as there is Johnny there, it's all good.
themasterc1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:37 pm Reply with quote
[quote="ArsenicSteel"]
Quote:

The wave was for the Samurai Summer Sweepstakes.
The logo is going to be like that until September 18, when The CW4Kids gets fully taken over by Toonzai. Right now, enjoy the previews.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
True that. Seeing what 4kids did to One Piece and Shaman King, I shudder to think what they will do to Dragon Ball Z Kai.

What? The same thing Nicktoons is doing to Dragon Ball Z Kai?
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quote
Great news for 4Kids, hopefull this gets to Canada
themasterc1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Is 4kids trying to get television broadcasting rights to animes from other broadcasting companies as well as FUNimation? (Viz, Bandai, etc.)

If so, what are these titles and when are they going to be announced?
Bell02

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:15 am Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:

Haters are just gonna keep hatin'. I guess nothing's going to change their minds that 4kids Entertainment are at least willing to change.

I'm not hating! I actually do find it hilarious, it had me giggling watching it. (I understand why they did it, but it's got to be a fact that an edited version of an edited version of an edited version of a TV show is humorous)

As for the surfing Ninja Screaming "TOONZAI"... that too is hilarious! (But I was more focused on saying how much a bad idea it was, It's like it's trying to wake up all the kids watching or assuming they all have ADD, lol. It also really did take up half the height of the Screen, I sound like I was exaggerating but, lol just see for yourself)

I don't really care how much they cut because if I want to see it uncut I always have the option, but since when was there a reason not to hate 4KiDS? (lol)

I admitted in the past that 4Kids did a good job with 5D's, letting that dub get away with considerably more darkness than they allowed in the first YuGiOh series, (Though I don't expect you to know that or stalk my posts), but Giant surfing, screaming Ninja is a big step backwards and hearkens back to the parody of those pop-up ads networks use to overdo it with.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, 4kids' block graphics are pretty crappy-looking.
Then again, Fox Kids, WB and Toonami had money...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4