• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beez Adds SoraKake, Sora no Woto, Lucky Star, Outlaw Star

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
So Italy is focusing on getting the sad story telling, girl animes?

no, not currently but I think they should, Air has a powerful story and the ending is sad. If Italy pick up Fruit Baskets sooner, it might have became the next Candy Candy for the country. Also I notice that they're not picking up Darker then Black (I believe Italy have the manga, while US just have the anime). Some of our mainstream anime like Blood + was never pick up for Italy. I' very much baffled for how the anime going to be like in Italy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

no, not currently but I think they should, Air has a powerful story and the ending is sad. If Italy pick up Fruit Baskets sooner, it might have became the next Candy Candy for the country. Also I notice that they're not picking up Darker then Black (I believe Italy have the manga, while US just have the anime). Some of our mainstream anime like Blood + was never pick up for Italy. I' very much baffled for how the anime going to be like in Italy.

Yeah, I think FB could be a good hit in Italy. Also, the US does have both the anime and manga of DTB.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Now if Beez would dub the OVA, I would not only be exceptionally surprised, but I would also buy it right then and there.

Beez aren't dubbing it at all, they will be using the Aniplex dub when it becomes available.

SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Besides this not being my batman glass, UK is BARELY getting Outlaw and Lucky Star? Isn't this a little late?

The only reason we are finally getting Lucky Star now is the the licensing costs have dropped to a level that makes it viable. To put this in perspective, Tony Allen of MVM (another UK distributor) mentioned at amecon this week that they see "live-action sales of around 20,000 units for the same effort and the same cost as an anime which may sell a few hundred".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

Yeah, I think FB could be a good hit in Italy. Also, the US does have both the anime and manga of DTB.

uh, I said we have Darker then Black anime (Funimation has the anime), while the manga is still unlicensed in US (but is licensed in Italy). So yeah I would love Fruit Baskets to get a Italian release.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

uh, I said we have Darker then Black anime (Funimation has the anime), while the manga is still unlicensed in US (but is licensed in Italy). So yeah I would love Fruit Baskets to get a Italian release.

No, Yen Press licensed the manga in the US.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

No, Yen Press licensed the manga in the US.

It looks like Yen Press did(I didn't read the press release section last year and also somebody didn't update Wikipedia on the manga being picked up). OK now US now got both the manga and the anime. Now it looks like Italy should try to pick up the anime both Fruit Baskets and Darker then Black since I mention, that country is losing it's meaning of "long time association with Japanese anime".
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quote
Wiki has referenced the ANN article and Yen Press since last year about the licensing of DTB.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2