• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Films Adds Utakata, Taisho Baseball Girls

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Uta~Kata o`Ao DO WANT! i'll definately be buying that, not only to pay for my fansub debt bu also i really enjoyed the anime. ouo

... but it was Yuri? I didn't notice that when i watched it way back when... I guess the Magical Girl awesomeness made me completely not notice any shoujo ai hints.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
You forgot about the last episode? It was pretty blatant there. Hell, spoiler[it even confirm the relationship for THOSE two guys.] Surprised
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
ouo I have a feeling i either must have forgot and only remember the part i liked the most (the magical girl-ness) or was too naive to completely understand their relationship when i watched it. 8D
fireaxe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, Uta~Kata and Ga-Rei Zero licenced in the same week makes my summer. If GRZ was somewhat predictable, I'm amazed that Sentai had the guts to pick Uta~Kata, a (very good) show that didn't seem to make any kind of waves when it aired in 2004.

For the record, Uta~Kata isn't all that yuri but it's definitely subtext. As the most interesting mahou-shoujo I've seen, I highly recommand the show to anyone who enjoyes more mature shows (the artwork is gorgeous, but terribly misleading in Uta~Kata). If you liked Someday's Dreamers, get this asap.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
GS Mikami will probbaly be a purchase for me, as I do like to buy old-school anime, and it always has been a title I've heard of, but never seen.

Taisho will probably be a purchase for me... Not just because it's a sports anime, but it was on my to-watch list when it debuted, but I never actually got around to watching it.

And while Utakata doesn't really interest me, the fact that it's from 2004, combined with Taisho indicating that Sentai is still willing to license sports anime, really gets my hopes up that Sentai might actually one day license the Ring ni Kakero 1 anime. Hell, it's a funny and really freaky coincidence that Utakata aired not only in the same year as the first season of Ring ni Kakero 1 (2004), but it also aired in the very same months (October to December) and that they were only three days apart in their airing schedule.

Hey, a guy can hope and dream, right?
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I've got no interest in Utakata, but Taisho Baseball Girls sounds interesting. I'll check out it out once its streamed on TAN.

I also plan on buy Ghost Sweeper Mikami and Xam'd, but I'll be passing on Hell Girl for now.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen Taishō Baseball Girls but the premise sounded cool so I'll try it out once Netflix gets the DVDs and maybe this means there's hope for Big Windup two after all.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm totally surprised that Taisho Baseball Girls got a release. I enjoyed that show and I don't even like Baseball!

Definitely one I'll be buying!
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh yay! I've always wanted to watch Uta-Kata :3
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking all these choices- Sentai always picks up interesting shows Smile I kept hearing good things about Utakata when the news popped up, and it looks like ANN's forums are echoing that.

GSMikami should be lots of fun, and also glad to see more baseball anime AND the 2nd 1/2 of Xamd
mudduck454

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
if section23 and sentai films keeps this trend up.... my dream of getting an official release of Rizelmine may come true, an english dub would be crazy too, monica rial does a great young girl voice, I can close my eyes now and just imagine how funny it would be....

but just a subbed release would be fine too,

if section23 or sentai films reads these posts, then I hope you consider this show, from the year 2000......

and where is the second half of glass mask???????? I wont buy the first part until you release the rest

Last edited by mudduck454 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Taishou Baseball Girls was good but not good enough to buy it
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm all for Utakata, not sure about Taisho Baseball Girls.

Will probably buy 'em when they're released.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Woot! Way to go Sentai/Section23. Not much interest in the titles licensed, buy I'm open to watch anything! I'll def be picking up Xam'd on blu ray though Very Happy .
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Taishou Baseball Girls was good but not good enough to buy it

Whoops! Guess we had better all go cancel our orders then. Razz

What really made the show a winner for me was that it was centered around an afterschool club of girls that didn't descend into moe hell (K-ON! *cough*) or focus like a laser on various romantic interests. Instead, the series was actually about -- gasp! -- a group of girls playing baseball! The icing on the cake was Gina Davis was nowhere to be found. Or Rosie. Or Madonna. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4