• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Section23 Films Announces November Slate

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Just to give Sentai advance warning, they're having my babies and I am buying Utakata whether I can bloody afford it or not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't there an English dub made for Ghost Sweeper Mikami back when Manga Entertainment had it? Why not put that on Sentai/Section 23's release?
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote
^because Mangle only dubbed & released the movie. They never did anything with the TV series after that.
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:44 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
^because Mangle only dubbed & released the movie. They never did anything with the TV series after that.

Then why does the encyclopedia entry for the TV series list an English dub cast?

anime#2034
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
Here come more of the great dubs. What can we make this now? 7-0?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:14 am Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

Then why does the encyclopedia entry for the TV series list an English dub cast?

anime#2034

Because just like Wikipedia, members can contribute information to the encyclopedia. And just like Wikipedia, it's information is not always 100% accurate.

Manga licensed the series along with the movie, but only dubbed and released the movie. They sat on the series for whatever reason.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote
Since I already pre-ordered the first volume, I'm glad to see that by early November I'll be able to have all of dual-language Xam'd in high def on Blu-ray Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1