• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - Rub-a-Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesterf1020
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Why is it annoying to hear the same english VA's cast in two or three dubs for the year but it is great when the same Japanese seiyus shows up in two or more anime in the same season?

Why is it a crime against humanity if an English VA mispronounces a Japanese word but it is completely forgivable and even adorable to hear a Japanese seiyu totally mangle the English language to the point where people are making funny Youtube videos about it?

Why is it a horrific disaster if an English VA has a similar sounding voice on different anime but it is wonderful to typecast Japanese seiyus and look forward to them doing the same voice or character over and over again and it is a mark of pride to recognize their voice and hope they will do that thing they have done in every other anime they have ever been in?

I don't get it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5