• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist TCG Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purplevix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:54 am Reply with quote
well, the way that the Lord of the Rings (the goal was to get the One Ring to Mount Doom) one worked was that each player had both orcs and the heroes in their deck, and there were location cards, and both players had to move their way along the location cards, while hindering the other, and trying to get their opponents' Frodo to be corrupted faster.

I'd imagine that there are location cards, as well as character cards for both Roy, Ed, and co. as well as for the Homunculus, Scar, and any other people they want to set in opposition.
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Yeah, this will be interesting. It's almost like an RP Card Game, perhaps a la Ani-Mayhem (which is before my time).

spoiler[ However, since the Philosopher's Stone requires human sacrifices (so says the dub) isn't it impossible to win? Wink ]

Sure you just kill your opponent to win Twisted Evil
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Necros Antiquor wrote:
Nooooooooooooooo! Stop trying to cash in on every fad before it even gets going!

I don't see how it's any different from the way Japan cheaply cashes in on every majour anime to come along, Fullmetal Alchemist included.

No, it's not that different, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about cheaply-made FMA stuffed dolls and the like.
Proman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:21 am Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for the Lupin III trading card game. It's the only trading card game where you win by stealing other persons cards Laughing .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2