• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mitsudomoe's 2nd Anime Season Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote
This show can proceed unabated for as long as intended. The lack of significant story arcs prevents the title's length from being confined to any natural limit, and the possibilities for low-brow gags arising through character interplay have yet to be exhausted. The simple content from which Mitsudomoe is composed is in no short supply.

(I just watched episode 9 on Crunchyroll, which featured a somewhat charming extended gag set against Mozart's Piano Sonata No. 16. One remains quite notably impressed by comic screenplay so effective and memorable as this.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TeenChibi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 am Reply with quote
Great another season of this unfunny crap...
Leebo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Leebo wrote:
I'll never understand why people get upset about shows they don't like getting more episodes. If you don't like it, you're obviously not going to watch it, so your life is entirely unchanged whether they make more or not.

I understand it perfectly: jealousy. The shows they think deserve a second season didn't get one, so they bitch about shows they didn't like that did get a second season. I guess it makes them feel better. You don't see me bitching about series that get a second season while <insert>.

I don't know about you, but for me shows that I either don't like or don't want to watch outnumber shows I do like and watch by about 10:1 if not more. If you spend all your time whining about every show that isn't one you like, that's all you'd ever do.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
I'll never understand why people get upset about shows they don't like getting more episodes. If you don't like it, you're obviously not going to watch it, so your life is entirely unchanged whether they make more or not.

They seem to believe that it takes the place of a mature anime for mature people, such as themselves, from being made.
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:53 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
BTW, I just can't resist: moe is dead huh? Suck on that, haters.

In all seriousness, I just don't understand why so many people are proclaiming the death of moe. Is it in relation to 2012? Cause yeah, if we all die, moe will die too.

This is probably the least moe anime regarding kids I've ever seen.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:18 am Reply with quote
Ya this show is great
kaizoku00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Yay~ Another season of laughs. I for one, am happy about this announcement Very Happy
ayashe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Yes! 13 episodes of this insanity is not enough!
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:54 pm Reply with quote
F*CK YES! I adore Mitsudomoe.
pasteloverdose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Yes! More Mitsudomoe! I didn't have great expectations for the show at first because I didn't like the character designs, but now I'm so glad I watched it. So this will be airing in winter? I hope CR gets the 2nd season, too...
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I wish it had an epic Hayate no Gotoku S1-like run of 52 episodes or at least a 26er.
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
I wish it had an epic Hayate no Gotoku S1-like run of 52 episodes or at least a 26er.

It is getting 26 (2 cours with a single cours break in-between).
RHachicho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Aye this show aint high art or intellectual gold. But it never pretends to be it delivers on what it sets out to do with gusto and without trying to be something it's not. That isn't a bad thing in a show in my opinion. Besides as Zin5ski has already intimated this shows material might all be pretty lowbrow and the formula tried and tested. But I really can't fault it's execution. And I loved that scene too Anime hyper.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. This is easily one of the shows I've been enjoying most from this season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Guess someone has money to burn. Whatever its merits, Mitsudomoe's first volume sold quite poorly. There's pretty much no way it's making a profit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3