• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Licensed/dubbed anime - wishlist?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quote
@ Blood- and Kruszer,

Thanks for the help. I've ordered my copy. The shipping cost about 2/3 as much as the BD!

That's going to fill a huge hole in my collection. Smile

Last edited by Errinundra on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:38 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
1) There is no lesbianism. At all.

If there isn't, they sure did a great job of making the opposite look true. And good job pointing out where I said it was rampant, btw.

Quote:
2) The exploding clothes thing happens maybe three times over the course of the entire season. To say it is a pretty common theme is an outright lie.

Did I say exploding clothes happens often? No, I said clothing loss/damage happens often. Read my posts properly before having a knee-jerk reaction and putting words in my mouth like you did with the "rampant lesbianism" thing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:54 am Reply with quote
No, they did a horrible job of making the opposite of "no lesbianism" look true since there is not a speck of it in the show. Please cite even one example of it. I really hope you are not going to cite the friendship between Princess Floppy Ears (who has a cute case of puppy love for our MALE hero) and the Lion Queen because that really will confirm my suspicion that you are batshit crazy.

Clothing loss/damage - call it what you will. There's hardly any of it in the entire series. I have seen the whole thing, end to end. I repeat - how many episodes have you seen?

Some poster who clearly is more familiar with you than I am PMed me to say that you are some fanservice-obsessed weirdo who sees it in everything. No doubt you'd contend that Usagi Drop is filled with scenes of Daichi molesting Rin. Please seek help.

@errinundra - wow, I wonder why the shipping to Oz from Japan is more expensive than shipping to Canada. My shipping cost was 40% of the merchandise cost (which is still high, mind you - whenever I import a figure from Japan, the shipping cost is usually in the 15% range).
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:12 am Reply with quote
I had originally typed out a lengthy reply to you here, but this isn't the place for it. Check your PM inbox, cause I'm sure everyone, me included, want this thread to get back on track.

However, I will say this--whoever said that about me, I hope you're reading this, cause you can take your opinion straight to hell. What you said is not the least bit true and you're probably just pissed that I happened to call out some show you like.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:58 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I got your PM and as I thought - you are insane. And please feel free to post a link to that youtube clip of Princess Floppy Ears petting Lion Queen here ... I'd really love for other people to see what you consider "lesbianism." Laughing

Anyway, setting aside this idiot, let me assure anybody out there who actually does have a clue: if you are looking for a raunchy, exploding/damaged/loss-of-clothes, lesbianiac good time, avoid Dog Days like the plague. You will be sadly disappointed.
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah, keep up the denial, word-twisting and constant personal attacks, cause that makes you look like an intelligent debater. And I'm still finding it hilarious that a guy who defends this show like he himself made it doesn't know the characters' names--how hard is it to remember Millhiore and Leonmichelle's names if you're that big a fanboy of the show?

And I'm willing to bet that my use of the word "lesbianism" is what you're really stuck on. That seems to be the big reason you're resorting to your childish name-calling. Similarly, good job yet again putting words in your opponent's mouth. "Raunchy", oh yeah, I remember using or suggesting that one. Man, you should run for Prime Minister with these awesome debate skills.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Whatevs, SwedishOaf. I can forgive you for being stupid, but not for being so tedious. Despite that, I'll toss you a bone, mmmkay?

HEY GUISE, AVOID DOG DAYS AT ALL COSTS 'COZ IT'S JUST WALL-TU-WALL FANSERVICE, MENG!!! LIEK TITTILATION UP THE WAZOO!!! YOU WILL GO TO HELL IF YOU EVEN THINK OF WATCHING IT!!!

Rolling Eyes
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Cause acting like a 13-year-old 4channer and hilariously overexaggerating someone's opinion of a cartoon makes you the superior and mature one.

Typical day on an anime forum.
jl07045

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
@TheSwedishElf

You know, that last post of yours actually made me laugh by the fact that a lot of your posts are similar to ones in 4chan. You come in to trash some fanservice title and then get into aggresive confrontations when someone calls you out for your claims. If you want to portray yourself as an intelligent debater, don't go into ad hominems and start backing up your claims with actual examples from the episodes.

For the record, no lesbianism caught my eye while watching Dog Days nor was it loaded with naked skin unless some skimpy outfits count. I didn't find it very interesting though and the only thing I remember well about it is the MC playing Fetch with the dog princess.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
See, I knew if I waited long enough somebody who actually watched the show would chime in. Thank you. It is painfully obvious to anybody who actually watched the show that the dominant reaction the creators were going for was "dawwwwwwww, that's so cuuuuuuuute" as opposed to "schwing."

I like fanservice. I generally don't view it as a minus. If Dog Days actually was what TSE seems to think it is, I'd be the first to say, "yep, that's what it is - fill your boots!" But to use a different example, if somebody said, "show X is filled with car chases" and I had seen it and knew there were in fact very few car chases, then of course I'm going to say, "dude, you have no effing idea what you're talking about."
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, whatever, cause watching half the series clearly isn't enough to form an opinion around. And I honestly can't think of one person I've seen gushing over the show like it's just the cutest kiddie fluff ever, btw.

And thank you, jl07045, for continuing the trend of putting words in my mouth. I made no such claims of nudity, thank you very much. And at least I'm not the one whipping out childish personal attacks at every opportunity.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
No, watching half of Dog Days is more than enough to form an opinion. If you watched that much and still think this show's primary function was to titillate the viewer than there is nothing I can say. I'm not going to using insulting personal attacks, I'm just going to say that clearly our perceptions are very different. I would also be willing to bet that anybody else who watched half the series would not feel the same way you do.

*shrug*
jl07045

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And thank you, jl07045, for continuing the trend of putting words in my mouth.

I did no such thing. However, as Blood- already pointed out, when people here talk about fanservice anime, to my experience they generally mean shows with a lot of nudity, frequent kinkiness etc. As was also said here, "fanservice" can and is used in a wider sense. If you meant it that way, you should've said so from the beginning.
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:24 am Reply with quote
I did make it clear that I didn't mean nudity or kinkiness--I primarily specified that there's fanservice in the form of clothing damage. It's a milder example than most, but it's fanservice nonetheless--it sure as hell wasn't done for realism or cuteness. And the striped panties are fanservice too, in any show they appear in, since those have evolved into a major otaku fetish in recent years.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:17 am Reply with quote
This exchange is starting to remind me of the movie Annie Hall where a relationship counseler is interviewing the Diane Keaton and Woody Allen characters separately. The counseler asks how frequently they have sex and Annie says, "Oh all the time - at least 4 or 5 times a week" and Woody says, "Hardly ever - only 4 or 5 times a week."

I barely even remember the instances of fan service TSE is talking about, but they clearly made a huge impression on him. Laughing

Anyway, my apologies for helping drag this thread OT, but from my perspective this subject has been exhausted and I won't have anything more to say about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 13