• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Licensed/dubbed anime - wishlist?

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
@ Blood- and Kruszer,

Thanks for the help. I've ordered my copy. The shipping cost about 2/3 as much as the BD!

That's going to fill a huge hole in my collection. Smile

Christ almighty in a jar! It just got delivered. Two working days from Japan to Australia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Nice! Time of Eve is wonderful and it is a real stroke of luck that there is a Japanese BD with English subtitles available for a very reasonable price (by Japanese standards) considering that, as far as I know, it is not yet licensed anywhere outside of Japan. Really hope this is kind of situation becomes a trend.
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Related question for everyone: Do you have a particular ideal cast in mind for any anime you'd like dubbed?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am Reply with quote
Having identified my 5 top picks to be licensed from 2011, I'll now mention my Top 5 Perennials:

5. Zombie-Loan - I get the sense that this is not a particularly well-known show, but I loved it. One of the frustrating things is that two additional episodes (12 & 13) were released after the show's initial broadcast run and they started a pretty intriguing storyline that doesn't appear will ever get a conclusion. This may be part of the reason it has never been licensed in R1. The fact it ran back in 2007 makes it a bit of a long-shot for ever getting picked up in NA, but what gives me a little bit of hope is Sentai's habit (through its Maiden Japan label) of "reaching back" for certain titles. They picked up Glass Maiden and Ray, two other older, obscure titles, so who knows?

4. Seikon no Qwaser - As the Greeks say, "Oppai! Oppai!" I see this as a long shot as well given that it's wall to wall shota slurping on big ole tittays. Definitely not Tea Party material. Tokyopop did manage to squeeze out a few volumes of the manga before going down the tubes (the two events are not connected, one hopes) but it's still a little hard to imagine an R1 distrib going for this. If anyone does, Media Blasters seems a likely suspect.

3. Skip Beat! At least CR offers this as a legit subbed stream. But I'd love to see Funi do one of its hilarious "Oh! Edo Rocket" style dubs on it. Not much shojo comedy seems to get picked up so I'm not holding my breath for a physical release on this one.

2. Lovely Complex - this actually noses out Toradora! as my favourite school comedy romance series of all time. Why this hasn't already been released is a bit of head-scratcher for me. Anyway, it NEEDS to be unleashed.

1. Bakemonogatari - my worst fear is that Aniplex will release this in a 3-set LE for $1,000 each and your right kidney. Sadly, I'd have to pay. NISA got another NisiOisin-adapted property, Katanagatari, but it's hard to imagine a smaller player like them harpoon a whale like Bakemonogatari. Would love to see them get this and do one of their REASONABLY PRICED (glares at Aniplex) premium editions for it.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

2. Lovely Complex - this actually noses out Toradora! as my favourite school comedy romance series of all time. Why this hasn't already been released is a bit of head-scratcher for me. Anyway, it NEEDS to be unleashed.

I have only watched some of the anime but I do want to see it get released thought I do not have much hope either for it getting a R1 release. Have you read the manga for Lovely Complex? If you have not you should it is pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote
I haven't read the manga, but I want to read more of what I have already bought before embarking on a new series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 13 of 13