• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Do Re Mi Schedule for Fall TV Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:00 am Reply with quote
Tondog38 wrote:
Quote:
*Something about hills being alive Wink *

If that isn't the theme song, someone will be shot. Very Happy

Can I choose who you shoot?

hkrok76 wrote:
Since I'm not the target audience, I shouldn't want to watch the show? I'm an anime fan. I want to watch as many, and all anime as I possibly can

Then pick a side of the fence. Look away and fume or suck it up and watch.

And if you're a real purest , you'd be living in Japan already and not caring what those stupid Americans are doing.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:56 am Reply with quote
hkrok76 wrote:
Since I'm not the target audience, I shouldn't want to watch the show?

No, but when a company takes a show from Japan to market it to the same audience that the Japanese did, it should be kinda obvious that the "hardcore" market won't really get much of a nod in their direction.

Quote:
I just feel that because a Japanese show is a Japanese kids show, it shouldn't get less respect than say...Cowboy Bebop or Full Metal Alchemist.

Trust me, if Bones/Square/Sunrise could market FMA and Bebop to kids, they would. However, they understand that the markets for these two series are different to standard kid-fare, so hey.

Quote:
Hopefully 4kids does an uncut release of Doremi, they've done it for Yugi-oh and Shaman King.

Doubt it. As I understand the uncut releases were mainly based on the fact that uncut (or less 4kids-centric versions of the) manga exists, and there is a possibility of an internet following and such. Doremi has very little of that (akin to say, Pokemon TV and Digimon), so it wouldn't suprise me if they didn't bother at all. While it isn't impossible, I'd dare say it is improbable.

'Sides, 4Kids uncut releases are terrible.
hkrok76

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:49 am Reply with quote
you didn't read my first post, did you...I already acknowledged what your post says. 4kids will not release uncuts of doremi because it wouldn't make any business sense. I already said that I doubt they'll release the uncuts.

Steventheeunuch wrote:
Trust me, if Bones/Square/Sunrise could market FMA and Bebop to kids, they would. However, they understand that the markets for these two series are different to standard kid-fare, so hey.

in what way does that actually refer to what I said about kids shows getting less respect then these shows. When I said this, I meant the fan community. My main beef in this whole thing wasn't aimed at 4kids, it was aimed at other "anime fans."

Quote:
They'll handle it like 4kids handles all of their stuff. Take it as whatever it means. It'll be a localization, I just hope this makes the uncut Japanese series be more readily available, but since there was no real following for the show in the fansub community, I doubt they'll think it wise to release uncut dvds with original dialogue. Sad too, some shows get shafted just because they're "for kids." I don't want to go on a rant so I'm going to stop there. Atleast I'll be able to see this show in some form.

Note, not once did I say 4kids sucks, or 4kids should go to hell. I like 4kids and actually think they should license everything. A localization would earn a lot more money then a straight up dub.

Anyway, I'm tired of being defensive. You people go on with your business. I was only angry at the guy that said I had a knee-jerk reaction. The anger has passed. So long to this thread. I hope Doremi does well in the states.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:49 am Reply with quote
hkrok76 wrote:
Hopefully 4kids does an uncut release of Doremi, they've done it for Yugi-oh and Shaman King.

How about they get in motion and clean up the uncut releases of Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King first? Then they can take care of the massive amount of One Piece fans demanding for an uncut release of One Piece. I don't really see why something like Doremi needs an uncut release. Sure, there's a few diehard fans, but it doesn't make good business sense to release a special version just for them.

EDIT: Woops, seems hkrok76 said a lot of the stuff I just said.

Anyways, I don't think there needs to be more shojo on TV, but that's just me not liking most of it.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
Anyways, I don't think there needs to be more shojo on TV, but that's just me not liking most of it.

Meh, it at least breaks up the redundancy, even though when I watch it, I have to be more on-edge than usual about people coming into the room. ^^;

I think they should strive for a Doremi/Nanoha block, don't you? Wink
Raja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Tondog38 wrote:
Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read you begin with - A - B - C
When you sing you begin with DO - RE - MI
DO - RE - MI , DO - RE - MI
The first three notes just happen to be
DO - RE - MI DO - RE - MI
DO - RE - MI - FA - SO - LA - TI...
(Oh let's see if I can make this easier)
DO - a deer, a female deer
RE - a drop of golden sun.....

If that isn't the theme song, someone will be shot. Very Happy
No, no, no. Japanese show, Japanese version. Where:

DO - wa "Donuts" no DO
RE - wa "Lemon" no RE....
MI - wa MINNA no MI
FA - wa "FIGHT" no FA
SO - wa aoi SORA
LA - wa RAPPA no LA
SHI - wa SHIROI Edelweiss
...be thankful I've blocked out the rest of this song.

Do Re Mi Fua So Ra Shi Do!
Maceart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Such Noobs... Ojamajo Doremi (Bothersome witch doremi) is a mahou shoujo show that has spanned 4 seasons of 52 episodes each, 2 movies, and 1 16 episode OAV series in Japan. It's massively popular (yes, even more than Naruto or One Piece) and the fact that 4kids is finally going to license and show it on TV here is nothing short of a "FINALLY" cry for the Doremi masses. No this show is not on music, it's about 5 girls as they learn about life's lessons coupled up with a mahou shojo background. It's mostly school life, anyway.

Doremi is a popular hit around the world. Heck, even Frech and Germans and most other European countries show Ojamajo Doremi. It's a worldwide phenomenom. Don't stereotype this show as just "another magical girl show", because it's much more than just that.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Maceart wrote:
Such Noobs... Don't stereotype this show as just "another magical girl show", because it's much more than just that.

Who's a noob? Most of us are just putzing around. hkrok was just being cranky. I haven't stereotyped anything other than wanting a Doremi/Nanoha/Triomatic Ran Ran block for somewhat obvious reasons. I'd thrown in SM Stars, but crossdressing senshi is just too weird.
Kisaki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quote
cubs2084 wrote:
4Kids with a series aimed at girls? How.....odd.

Well they DID liscence Tokyo Mew Mew (which they killed Mad ) and Winx Club, which is like Itally's version of mahou shoujo. Sure, they don't have much for girls, but at least they're trying. (Yet failing miserably)
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Maceart wrote:
Such Noobs... Ojamajo Doremi (Bothersome witch doremi) is a mahou shoujo show that has spanned 4 seasons of 52 episodes each, 2 movies, and 1 16 episode OAV series in Japan. It's massively popular (yes, even more than Naruto or One Piece) and the fact that 4kids is finally going to license and show it on TV here is nothing short of a "FINALLY" cry for the Doremi masses. No this show is not on music, it's about 5 girls as they learn about life's lessons coupled up with a mahou shojo background. It's mostly school life, anyway.

Doremi is a popular hit around the world. Heck, even Frech and Germans and most other European countries show Ojamajo Doremi. It's a worldwide phenomenom. Don't stereotype this show as just "another magical girl show", because it's much more than just that.

It's the obsessive fanboys of the world like this guy that make me want to slit my throats at night. Enjoy whatever property you want, be it an anime show, a book series (Lord of the Rings), or only a certain console (while calling the other ones names), just don't make us listen to your poor put-downs. *Looks back* Wow, that was a little harsh.

And for the record, I'm fairly sure that Naruto and One Piece are more popular (as Shonen Jump titles are wont to be), seeing as there are no threads asking what they are, while the first couple of posts in this thread immediately said they haven't heard of it.
skyechan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Noooo!!! My favorite mahou shoujo anime!! Anime cry They're gonna destroy it!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kisaki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I know exactly how you feel Skyechan. I'm still mad at 4kids for what they did to Mewmew. I want to make them pay!!! Especially since I can't afford imports at the moment.
shiusa__

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:32 am Reply with quote
aahaha, I remember watching this with my 7year old cousin in Japan Laughing
I hope 4kids does a good job releasing it though...maybe Ashita no Naja is next x]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote
shiusa__ wrote:
aahaha, I remember watching this with my 7year old cousin in Japan Laughing
I hope 4kids does a good job releasing it though...maybe Ashita no Naja is next x]

My money is on Pretty Cure, but that's another story. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2