• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Satoshi Kon's Paprika, Millennium Actress to Run in L.A.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reibooi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Wish I could be there and see them on the big screen.

I finally got my hands on a copy of Millennium Actress the other day and it was so good I watched to twice back to back.

I wish more theaters would do this. It's really sad that the majority of people don't know who Satoshi Kon was and what he stood for.
RevliSDawN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Definitely going to try and make it. Hopefully I can drag some people with me Very Happy
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:47 am Reply with quote
Reiboi: Well, ANN users can upload news items like that in the events section.
Vinnems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:56 am Reply with quote
Saw Paprika in Santa Monica during it's original theatrical run a few times. Definitely check it out on the big screen if you can. it does the visuals justice.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:02 am Reply with quote
Vinnems wrote:
Saw Paprika in Santa Monica during it's original theatrical run a few times. Definitely check it out on the big screen if you can. it does the visuals justice.

Having seen it on dvd I can only imagine how much better it looks on a big theater screen. Definitely makes me wish they would be playing in the Baltimore/DC area at some point. Would find a way to see them somehow.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Vinnems wrote:

Having seen it on dvd I can only imagine how much better it looks on a big theater screen. Definitely makes me wish they would be playing in the Baltimore/DC area at some point. Would find a way to see them somehow.

You're not the only one, I live in the DC area and it would be nice to see a event like that. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Really last minute, but anyone know how to navigate this site? The Yume Robo site said they're taking memorial messages from fans until 9/20 24:00.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1