• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Anime to Resume

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Ah, to resume. Okay then, that's still pretty cool. Always up for some more.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
"Relaunch" simply means starting it up again. If you look at the article, "Higurashi Outbreak" is what's coming first. With the side games and manga, there's still a bunch of unanimated arcs.

Yes there is a lot of territory left untouched especially from the ps2 and ds ports of the visual novels.
From the ps2 port we have
Matsuri whace has three separate arcs
Taraimawashi-hen (盥回し編?, "Musical Chairs Chapter")
Tsukiotoshi-hen (憑落し編?, "Exorcism Chapter")
Miotsukushi-hen (澪尽し編?, "Canal Drying Chapter")

Next up we have
Kizuna with four never before seen arcs and some on hanyuu's past from the ds ports/vn's
Someutsushi-hen (染伝し編?, "Dye Following Chapter")
Kagebōshi-hen (影紡し編?, "Silhouette Spinning Chapter")
Tokihogushi-hen (解々し編?, "Untangling Chapter")
Kotohogushi-hen (言祝し編?, "Congratulating Chapter")

There are manga arcs as well but we already have the higursahi manga here and there Is no need for me to list them.

Now if you want to know what daybreak is it's just fps game for the pc/psp in 3d that is just fun of play not really sure how they are going to build or make story from this..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higurashi_Daybreak

I'm off to jump for joy because of the potential we have here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Only touched one manga volume so far, but I know a lot of people who are going to be hyped for this. Even if little of this meta-universe has been localised in any fashion for English speaking regions.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I didn't care for the first series at all. I thought the ending was a cop-out and none of the underlying mysteries were satisfactorily answered. I later found out that you had to have an understanding of the visual novels to "get it". I guess if the purpose of the anime was to sell the visual novel, it worked because this franchise certainly has its fans, but as an adaptation for anyone else it didn't meet the mark.

Maybe this new series will tie all the loose threads left hanging by the first...

not holding my breath, though.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I didn't care for the first series at all. I thought the ending was a cop-out and none of the underlying mysteries were satisfactorily answered. I later found out that you had to have an understanding of the visual novels to "get it". I guess if the purpose of the anime was to sell the visual novel, it worked because this franchise certainly has its fans, but as an adaptation for anyone else it didn't meet the mark.

Maybe this new series will tie all the loose threads left hanging by the first...

Face desk... they mystery was solved and I'll admit they trimmed a bit from the adapt however the clues and hints where there every time it resets it's self. You where not suppose to solve the mystery for each arc. The true purpose of each arc was suppose to give you more clues to solving they bigger mystery and finding away to stop it happening, that's it really. Also the ending was deserved however that's my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EqualizerIsDeath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
"Now if you want to know what daybreak is it's just fps game for the pc/psp in 3d that is just fun of play not really sure how they are going to build or make story from this..

"Also, a related short story, "Higurashi Outbreak", was included in the original soundtrack of the game" I think you mean this.

Anyway, of all the Ryukishi07 works to adapt i wouldn't of thought of this one.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Face desk... they mystery was solved and I'll admit they trimmed a bit from the adapt however the clues and hints where there every time it resets it's self. You where not suppose to solve the mystery for each arc. The true purpose of each arc was suppose to give you more clues to solving they bigger mystery and finding away to stop it happening, that's it really. Also the ending was deserved however that's my opinion.

Yeah, right. the big resolution was spoiler[trust your friends]. Rolling Eyes

That just didn't work for me. Bang your head on the desk some more.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Did you watch The sequel series? Because it's exactly that... a sequel. It answers everything they left unanswered
EqualizerIsDeath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Without love, the truth cannot be seen.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I for one would love to see Miotsukushi-hen animated as that is considered the "True End" of the franchise from the PS2 port. Outside of that, I don't care as much as Higurashi is long done and should stay as such. I'm more interested in Umineko Chiru despite how poor the prequel anime was a few years ago.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
EqualizerIsDeath wrote:
Dessa wrote:
"Now if you want to know what daybreak is it's just fps game for the pc/psp in 3d that is just fun of play not really sure how they are going to build or make story from this..

"Also, a related short story, "Higurashi Outbreak", was included in the original soundtrack of the game" I think you mean this.

Anyway, of all the Ryukishi07 works to adapt i wouldn't of thought of this one.

Oops... my mistake so drama cd adaption or script addition. Well sh** that makes it even more interesting to see due in part the high possibility of those getting translated are next to none.
tuxedocat wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

I never said it wasn't cheesy however I'm giving it pass since the spoiler[true mc as 10 year old girl and what the hell could some like that really do by themselves?] The author admitted that things in real life don't work out that way but having friends to rely on is still a good thing to have. R7 also wanted his characters to have a happy conclusion/life and I'm a sucker for breaking the impossible odds no matter how many times they have to try or how impossible the odds are. This might be childish on my side still however it just who I am so I leave ya with this.

I apologize for the huge size of this image it just fits...

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yerld

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Edit: Never mind

Last edited by Yerld on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Did you watch The sequel series? Because it's exactly that... a sequel. It answers everything they left unanswered

If it wasn't made available in a legal way, then no. I haven't watched an illegal download or stream in the past five years.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

If it wasn't made available in a legal way, then no. I haven't watched an illegal download or stream in the past five years.

http://www.sirenvisual.com.au/Product/433.php?genre=anime
http://www.sirenvisual.com.au/Product/428.php?genre=anime

Not sure of your region but it's outside of japan legally for a cheap price.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote

http://www.sirenvisual.com.au/Product/433.php?genre=anime
http://www.sirenvisual.com.au/Product/428.php?genre=anime

Not sure of your region but it's outside of japan legally for a cheap price.

Thanks for the links. I'm in R1(US), but since I don't speak Japanese, imports need to be subtitled at the very least. My only problem with Australian and UK imports are if they will play on my BD player or PS3.

Hoping to pick up a region free player soon, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4