• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Anime to Resume

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote
gsilver wrote:
So long as this is a proper reboot and not something like Kira (dear god, what was that?) I'm happy

It's not a reboot. It's a relaunch. They're animating arcs that haven't been animated before.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Awesome news, I thought this franchise was dead. You'll most likely never see it licensed here in the states though, unless NIS picks it up but that's kind of a long shot. I had to turn to Australia to own the second season. Mad

I'm still holding off bit to import the r4's despite time being a huge factor here. Now one thing I can say is if nisa did license the series it would be only because umineko sold well. It's also going to be six long years I've been waiting for legal release on r1 for kai so sub only is better than nothing even if sentai got it with typos.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Awesome news, I thought this franchise was dead. You'll most likely never see it licensed here in the states though, unless NIS picks it up but that's kind of a long shot. I had to turn to Australia to own the second season. Mad

I'm still holding off bit to import the r4's despite time being a huge factor here. Now one thing I can say is if nisa did license the series it would be only because umineko sold well. It's also going to be six long years I've been waiting for legal release on r1 for kai so sub only is better than nothing even if sentai got it with typos.

I'm friends with the translator who did the translation for the Australian release of higurashi, he does really good work for me, when I ask him to do stuff and he's a huge umineko fan. I did talk to someone at NIS and they said the sales were strong when I talked to them, and right stuf said the preorders were ok for it when I asked them around two weeks before it came out. so they might get more 7th expansions stuff Wink
The Cruel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote
DAMN!!! I never thought that a new Higurashi adaption will come out. That it is based on Higurashi Outbreak, brings the franchise back to the roots. The fan service stuff from Rei and Kira were funny but destroyed the charecter of this franchise. And so I hope that the Higurashi Kaku will be as dramatic, dark and violent like mangas and it'll become a full lenght animated movie with a lot of similarities to movies like The Crazies, because it has a simliar plot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4