• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aa Megami-sama Gets New Original Anime DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keiichi-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote
Togame wrote:
I was a fan of Aa Megami-sama for a long time, but this is just meh. The manga has been dragged for too long, it lacks interesting plot, any point or any set goal for that matter. Magical girlfriend genre has been used in different ways by different artists since AMS first came out so it's just not as good anymore...

and yet, the writing and character development in AMG has always been leagues better than other series in the genre. not to mention, it never falls into the tired cliches and fanservice railing of other series with similar setups.

"AM..S"?
thenoobhacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote
First of all - Keiichi-chan, that's right! I totally agree to that! Very Happy

This is awesome! Guys you might think that this is just another single OVA, its an old manga, and so on, but believe me there are persons like me who almost waited forever for this, even if it is just 30 mins or so who cares! Smile The manga is going strong, the plot is a bit shifting but its just an arc people the main theme is still there. It doesn't mean that you don't like the arc so throw away the anime. Belldandy will always be Belldandy. If you're reading Mr. Fujishima, i want you to know that there are (and lots) of person always waiting for AMG release, be it in manga or video so keep on going. This OVA is priceless, if you will release one ova every 5 years or so then be it, we'll always be waiting. We are deeply thankful that we met your story, and Belldandy of course. Thanks Very Happy

-valkyre29 Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2