• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Revoltech Vash the Stampede and Wolfwood

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R.G.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quote
All we need now are Revoltech Fraulein figures of Meryl and Millie . . .

. . . if you know what I mean.

Last edited by R.G. on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
corinthian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Now that is some awesome looking stuff right there, and it's a good break from the long line of mecha. Trigun was always a favorite of mine, so I might have to give these figures an extra look
halo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
All we need now are Revoltech Fraulein figures of Meryl and Millie . . .

. . . if you know what I mean.

I sooooooo know what you mean.
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote
While I am a lover of Revoltech's mecha lines, these Trigun figures are a definate MUST for me. That coat for Vash looks too cool and you can never have too much Wolfwood...
Shirogane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Wow, those figures are nice! I knew there were Vash figures out there (I own an old McFarlane 3D animation figure of him), but didn't know that Wolfwood figures existed.

...Now if only I had money to spend on action figures like I used to, I would get that Wolfwood. I especially like the accessories (even the cigarettes), but would be afraid of losing them.
Sentire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I kind of find all the numerous folds in Vash's coat a bit off-putting. There are so many and quite awkwardly angular. Maybe it's my OCD but it makes me want to pull his coat down and straighten it just a bit. Part of me thinks they would have done better to have part of his coat a little more fluid looking, but still have it "roughed-up" and unkempt...
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of the wrinkles on Wolfwood. They make him look blocky. But it works for Vash.
connarii

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Just got in my Vash and Wolfwood, and yes, I have exactly the same issue with one of the Wolfwood gun hands - there is no possible way that the wrist joint thingy will fit, and of course it's for the hand that doesn't normally hold the massive cross armory. Anyone else having trouble getting the stand to fit in his back? Tried the Vash one too, and it seems like the hole is too small there as well... which makes it hard to counterbalance him when he's fully armed.

Otherwise, epic figures. I've only started collecting in the last year, and these are my first Revoltech, so of course it took me a solid 24 hours to figure out the stand, and all of 10 minutes to break my first plastic accessroy (tip, don't try to pop the little bullet attachment out of the case - the molded plastic box is stronger than the projectile tip). There's a reason girls aren't meant to collect action figures... sigh.

Still, freakin' cool Vash and Wolfwood, and I would kill for a Meryl to add to the collection. She could come with the trademark black cat, a box of doughnuts for Vash, a typewriter, and a megaphone as accessories. (Millie can go die in the desert, though. Supersized freak of nature. Nice people scare me.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1