• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Time Jam: Valerian and Laureline

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsc315

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
I've watched the first 6 episodes and its a fun sci-fi series. There are some cheesy cringe moments but not all that much and the CG isnt horrible but it works well for some of the monsters then it does for the backgrounds. I'll probably keep watching it just it's something new and I like the old looking art style blending with a more modern look.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crunchycat
I do Marketing for Anime Companies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Im on ep 3 and have to say its alot better than I expected and silly at the same time.

I enjoy the old school look to it so now there is a reason for me to keep going.
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote
When people say its old school looking art, are they saying its like Astro Boy (early 60's), like Galaxy Express 999 (late 70's), like Cowboy Bebop (late 90's) or like an anime made in 2007 (which is when it was made)?
crunchycat
I do Marketing for Anime Companies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quote
combination of a 90's cartoon like GI Joe or Captain planet but of course more anime style, but alot of the cg and effects are more new aged but still has an old feel to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2