• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Comic-Con to Stay in San Diego

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anemayfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Very Happy It started in San Diego and it just feels right for it to stay with the community that grew up around it. I also liked the way SDCCI had spread out into downtown San Diego in 2010 to alleviate the crowding in the Convention Center.
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote
As much as I'd kill to go to Comic-Con (since I live in L.A and can't go because it's too far) I'm glad it's staying in San Diego.

I mean, L.A has it's own thing, it only seems right that Comic-Con stay in San Diego.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:16 am Reply with quote
Come on, dude. We're friendly enough
I shared granola bars with a couple of hungry Irishmen who didn't know they'd have to pay for signatures & spent the lunch money. (It was the only pre-packaged sharable food I had. Figured sharing a baggie of cheese-its was tacky).
It's 90 minutes or so. I made LA runs to hit Anime Gamers when they were in business & also make runs to Kinokuniya in Orange County.
It's incredible. It's 4 days when the rest of the world really doesn't matter. I tell my friends something huge (like Hurricane Katrina big)could happen & I probably wouldn't know until Sunday night unless it were in San Diego. Even then, if it weren't between my house & downtown, I might miss it.
I'm glad they're staying. Most of us felt other cities wouldn't make as big a deal as SD does. It's on all the buses. The news runs stuff leading up to it basically hyping it. The street flags pitch it. Even people who have never gone to CCI in town are very aware of it. They also have us so well trained after all these years. We even took to their 1-Way Hallways idea within a couple years. Pre-selling parking was amazing this year--really cleared up the traffic in the mornings.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:32 am Reply with quote
My cousin's house is over there, and we were considering visiting for the Con next year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1