• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Tons of Initial D

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tojik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote
The animation (especially 1st stage) and characters are nothing to write home about. So why is this so good?

Storytelling, suspense, pacing... Even if you're not into cars, this series draws most of the lines you need to understand what's going on, then draaaws them ooout. Only occasionally does it feel like stalling, usually it does a good job of teasing and maintaining the suspense, even when there's little doubt about the ultimate outcome.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote
^Seriously. I avoided this show because it is just an *ugly* looking show and I have no real interest in car racing, but my friend's brother had us trapped in his house one day and made us watch it. We marathoned 9 episodes before we had to leave for dinner, and I kept saying, "Next one!" after each one finished. I ended up buying the first stage set when I got home so I could finish it, which I again marathoned as soon as I got it.

I'm waiting for Funi to release the second stage set... Funi?

But in the meantime, maybe I can just watch it now here, so I can buy stages 3 and 4.
Sorce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote
tojik wrote:
The animation (especially 1st stage) and characters are nothing to write home about. So why is this so good?

Storytelling, suspense, pacing... Even if you're not into cars, this series draws most of the lines you need to understand what's going on, then draaaws them ooout. Only occasionally does it feel like stalling, usually it does a good job of teasing and maintaining the suspense, even when there's little doubt about the ultimate outcome.
The music for the series is pretty enjoyable too.
gundam83

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:09 am Reply with quote
My wife loves initial d and she not even an anime fan! I love inital d its a great anime, I'm not really into cars but its just pretty exciting to watch the outcome of these awesome races! But is there gonna be a 5th stage anytime soon?
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
This show rocks. Totally rocks.

There are rumors of a fifth stage around but we will have to wait and see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1