• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-On! Gets Film Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quote
K-ON! is getting a movie........I think I just j*zzed in my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Manwards wrote:
I don't care what the plot is or whether it's a prequel, sequel, side story or spin-off, just please let it have some fully-animated song performances! No cutting away to static scenery shots or focusing on the girl's faces while they play lengthy guitar solos or drum fills! They did a great job with the performances towards the end of the second series, but they never quite nailed the magic we saw in Haruhi's "Live Alive".

THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
They really should just change their name to K-On animation since it seems to have become their flagship bordering on only title as of late. I mean what's the point of having more than one franchise to exploit right.....right?!

Although if there were ever any idea I think would work less well content-wise as a movie than K-On! did as a series I have yet to see it. I can just imagine 30 minute long segments of tea and cake instead of 5 minute ones. Hell if they could crank out 40+ minutes of walking cycles to fill time for the Haruhi movie they can probably even do an hour long tea and cake marathon and have a 3 hour movie.

Yeah still not feeling Kyoani as a creative force folks. I wonder why that could possibly be.....

Well anyway here's to people losing their collective shits over this one. Laughing

Oh right and "Wah give me FMP Season 4" right folks? Better speak up louder cause I'm sure they're listening......man I'm such a jerk today. Razz
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

Although if there were ever any idea I think would work less well content-wise as a movie than K-On! did as a series I have yet to see it. I can just imagine 30 minute long segments of tea and cake instead of 5 minute ones.

That's the worst it could get. If this movie turns out to be them ACTUALLY GETTING TO BUDOKAN then finally, just FINALLY they've continued the original storyline and finished it with grace and I will forever be in K-ON's debt.

Now, if this turns out to be stupid moe jokes and tea/cake, i'm going to cry. Seriously, I am.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:59 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

Although if there were ever any idea I think would work less well content-wise as a movie than K-On! did as a series I have yet to see it. I can just imagine 30 minute long segments of tea and cake instead of 5 minute ones.

That's the worst it could get. If this movie turns out to be them ACTUALLY GETTING TO BUDOKAN then finally, just FINALLY they've continued the original storyline and finished it with grace and I will forever be in K-ON's debt.

Now, if this turns out to be stupid moe jokes and tea/cake, i'm going to cry. Seriously, I am.

If the film actually does have something like the original Budokan as a goal plotline I can almost bet my entire life savings with full confidence that it'll come right at the end (we're talking last 10-15 minutes) after all the tea/cake/moesploitation, scenes so as to try and coax the audience into leaving with the feeling that something meaningful actually happened that they can then rave about on 2ch etc.

I swear that's how Kyoani has handled the greater bulk of their projects and for the fans they are targeting in Japan it's probably still good enough.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

If the film actually does have something like the original Budokan as a goal plotline I can almost bet my entire life savings with full confidence that it'll come right at the end (we're talking last 10-15 minutes) after all the tea/cake/moesploitation, scenes so as to try and coax the audience into leaving with the feeling that something meaningful actually happened that they can then rave about on 2ch etc.

I swear that's how Kyoani has handled the greater bulk of their projects and for the fans they are targeting in Japan it's probably still good enough.

I don't doubt that's what KyoAni might do, but come on, i've been waiting 25 F***ING EPISODES for them to get back to carrying thier music career. This is the perfect opportunity for them to make more music, and i'll be damned if they mess this up just to cater to the otaku fanboys of Moeville.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping that, instead of being like an extended K-ON! episode (which I adore, don't get me wrong), they look to the filmography of Elvis Presley and the Beatles, plus maybe the Monkees' Head, for inspiration and make a groovy musical movie send-up that even non K-ON! fans could appreciate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quote
More K-ON!? YES.
More Sawa-chan/Asami Sanada? YES YES YES PLEASE. ♥
superunature

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I'm hoping that, instead of being like an extended K-ON! episode (which I adore, don't get me wrong), they look to the filmography of Elvis Presley and the Beatles, plus maybe the Monkees' Head, for inspiration and make a groovy musical movie send-up that even non K-ON! fans could appreciate.

erm...how about with something more japanese... Elvis Presley fans are crazy.....they faint just by listening to his voice -_-
superunature

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I hope they make new things instead of recap and shorten everything like SnS movie/clannad movie
1. Do not change character design or voice (That will kill the whole movie)
2. Don't do bunch of recaps, add new things (like SnS or clannad movie.....recapping everything from the start is totally boring)
3. gimme more Ui
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/492759
vote k-on
superunature

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
do it, They should really make spoiler["THE Keion-Bu" as shown in episode 25.]
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Cool more K-On! now when is Bandai going to get the second season
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
My brain just EXPLODED.
Splitter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm past my "K-ON! SUCKS!!" ragedom and actually I thought S2 was much better, more focused, and really brought out the characters more than S1 ever did. That said, I think this is a huge mistake. What plot can they get the K-ON girls into for an hour and a half without being overtly long and drawn out?

Granted, KyoAni did get away with making the most overtly long and drawn-out anime movie ever in the form of Disappearance and we saw how the fans ate that crap up like it was the finest chocolate in all of Belgium, so I'm sure my concern falls on deaf ears.
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Dear lord why? Why can't we work on a new project?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4