• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreimo (TV) - both seasons and ONAs.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote
Compared to the franchise's best content, I actually found this episode to be rushed and a little forced. If it wasn't for the final scene then it would easily be my least favorite episode of the second season.

Ah, but that final scene makes up for a lot. As much as I like the sharp-tongued Ruri, I may adore her even more like this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
what is it about Ayase that makes Kyosuke act like such a retard? anyways, so happy to see spoiler[Ruri] finally take the initiative
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:51 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
what is it about Ayase that makes Kyosuke act like such a retard? anyways, so happy to see spoiler[Ruri] finally take the initiative

Lets see ayase same exact character design as kirino. The only have have a few cosmetic difference.
Kirinio:
Orange Hair
Blue Eyes

Ayasye:
Black Hair
Purple Eyes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
GO KURONEKO!! Anime smile

It was a little surprising what Saori did. I wonder if anyone ships her and Kyousuke together? Anime hyper

Blood wrote:
Too bad Kyou-suck is such a limpdick: there's no way spoiler[he'll be a man about Kuroneko's confession and boink her as he should.]

Be a man!? That's not being a man, that's being a pig!
Why is everything about sex with you guys!? Why can't teens date WITHOUT doing each other? Do you honestly approve of a fourteen year-old girl sleeping with someone!?
CAUSE I DON'T. Twisted Evil

Kids are so freaking irresponsible about sex. I see enough of this in real life-don't need it in my anime, thanks.
Key

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Why is everything about sex with you guys!? Do you honestly approve of a fourteen year-old girl sleeping with someone!?
CAUSE I DON'T. Twisted Evil

Er, Ruri is a high school student, so she's likely more like 16. She was always a year older than Kirino.

And concerning shipping Saori and Kyousuke: That's actually been pretty rare in the doujins I've seen for the franchise. (And there are a lot of them out there.) Will be interesting to see if that changes over the next few months now that we know what Saori looks like when not in otaku get-up.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
that purely Blood- being himself and in no way represents what I think
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Er, Ruri is a high school student, so she's likely more like 16. She was always a year older than Kirino.

Eh....I still can't say I approve. They're both minors....still....I prefer teen relationships in anime to remain 'pure and smut-free'....because anime and manga are practically the only mediums that still even do this anymore...Rolling Eyes
....which I find so sad....

Quote:
Will be interesting to see if that changes over the next few months now that we know what Saori looks like when not in otaku get-up.

Yeah, I bet it will change a lot. Anime hyper
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Key wrote:

Eh....I still can't say I approve. They're both minors....still....I prefer teen relationships in anime to remain 'pure and smut-free'....because anime and manga are practically the only mediums that still even do this anymore...Rolling Eyes
....which I find so sad....

Quote:
Will be interesting to see if that changes over the next few months now that we know what Saori looks like when not in otaku get-up.

Yeah, I bet it will change a lot. Anime hyper

The term minor depends on where you live in the world. Also trust me a-lot of the characters in light novels eventually do have sex at one point but they always cut that out.

If that is personal beef with you have with media in general, I can understand why. We all know what happened to matoko from school days when he screwed up.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
And concerning shipping Saori and Kyousuke: That's actually been pretty rare in the doujins I've seen for the franchise. (And there are a lot of them out there.) Will be interesting to see if that changes over the next few months now that we know what Saori looks like when not in otaku get-up.

People have known what she looks like for a long time now. Though it is true that the amount of doujinshi explode when an anime comes around. Light novel based stuff is particularly scarse when there's no anime (with some exceptions. I first head of Haganai after seeing a bunch of doujinshi for it).

I know there are a couple of Kyosuke/Saori ones but they're definitely a minority. You're more likely to find Kanako stuff.

And now that I look at it, there aren't even any couple shots of Kyosuke/Saori in the PSP games.

Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
The term minor depends on where you live in the world. Also trust me a-lot of the characters in light novels eventually do have sex at one point but they always cut that out.

If that is personal beef with you have with media in general, I can understand why. We all know what happened to matoko from school days when he screwed up.

The problem is more with the attitude that "He's not banging her immediately, there must be something wrong with him!"

Last edited by Vaisaga on Sun May 12, 2013 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

If that is personal beef with you have with media in general, I can understand why.

Pretty much, yes.

Quote:
We all know what happened to matoko from school days when he screwed up.

Heh....if only we could use that episode to make real kids be more responsible....SCARE THEM SH**LESS. Anime hyper

"Remember boys, never sleep with more than one girl in high school and always always use a condom....or spoiler[your pregnant ex is going to hack you to death with a KNIFE!"]

Vaisaga wrote:
The problem is more with the attitude that "He's not banging her immediately, there must be something wrong with him!"

Yes. Thank you.

Last edited by Chiibi on Sun May 12, 2013 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Blood- being Blood- really warrants this level of discussion.
DKL

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:37 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Compared to the franchise's best content, I actually found this episode to be rushed and a little forced.

Honestly, a lot of the content has always felt very forced...

(I remember some content from the first season feeling too much like watching an internet debate being cobbled together into some kind of narrative for an anime)

But that clearly doesn't matter, because we got the last few minutes of episode 6.

I GREATLY ANTICIPATE NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE.

DuskyPredator wrote:

spoiler[Well it had been causing trouble, it seems that Kirino does not have a boyfriend, well she seemed to being against his supposed flirting with Ruri and Manami, and being jealous.]

Like... super spoiler[jealous]... gets all emotional over how spoiler[disgusted brother got during... the date? Or is it something further back than that? I don't know. Whatever.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quote
@ Chiibi - actually, I was being tongue-in-cheek with my comment, not serious. I adore Kuroneko, but in a "DAWWWWWW!!!" way, not a "rawr" way. Regardless of what her age in the show is supposed to be, she does read quite young to me. I just enjoy pointing out what a limpdick Kyosuke is and will use any excuse. Very Happy
Key

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
Enh, Kyosuke has nothing on Touma from the Index series, who I am fully convinced is asexual. Rolling Eyes (He's even that way in a fair amount of that franchise's doujinshi.)
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
I would be as well if it meant I would live longer
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 32 of 56