Forum - View topic
Oreimo (TV) - both seasons and ONAs.


Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3549
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Who the hell is trying to ruin anything? It's not like anyone is going

KIRINO DIES IN THE END!!!

I agree that any prolonged discussion of the novels should go in their respective forum, but if some one wants to tease about future events, or reply to a question whose answer is contained in the light novels, there's no problem if it's properly spoiler tagged.

If you look at the spoiler and find out something you didn't want to, that's your own responsibility.


NO THAT"S NOT TRUE THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!! /Sarcasm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Posts: 8818
Location: Brisbane, Australia

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
At the very least they should have a bolded warning before the spoiler tag stating that it is novel spoilers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space CowboySpace Cowboy


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 7384
Location: Cheshire, CT

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 am Reply with quote
I kinda like the idea of KyosukexKurara. She seems like a nice girl and would probably play little sister to fulfill his siscon desires
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
TatsuGero23



Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 1275
Location: Sniper Island, USA (It's in your heart!)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Who the hell is trying to ruin anything? It's not like anyone is going

KIRINO DIES IN THE END!!!

I agree that any prolonged discussion of the novels should go in their respective forum, but if some one wants to tease about future events, or reply to a question whose answer is contained in the light novels, there's no problem if it's properly spoiler tagged.

If you look at the spoiler and find out something you didn't want to, that's your own responsibility.

Again though, your letting your own over-excitement potentially ruin future events for those who don't read the light novels, who only have access to the anime, or want to stick to legitimate sources in their viewing. There is the rest of the internet to find those answers and hints. The forums here are meant for their respective story lines and respective progress in them.

I said what I said as a general reminder of consideration. Predator's idea is just a reminder of what was done in the past when those overzealous fans couldn't stop talking about the mangas or novels but there was no way to differentiate a episode spoiler with that of a manga or novel spoiler (because not everyone here watches the fansubs, has early access, or is keeping up with the anime every week). Even then those safe guards don't always work cause some people either forget or are generally inconsiderate. We at least try to minimize the stuff we have more control over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKL



Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 1859
Location: California, USA

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Aside from spoiler[Kuroneko confession at the end] my favorite content from this episode was likely spoiler[father hitting dat bottle because he can't deal with the idea of Kirino having a boyfriend].

OH MY GAWD, NEXT EPISODE PLEASE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 7751
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Ha, I knew Kirino's spoiler["boyfriend" was a lie.] Anyways, pretty good episode imo. Oh and spoiler[Kurenko] popped the question. Now to wait for the response.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 16054
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Dang, this show has gotten pretty good at handing out the cliff-hangers. Too bad Kyou-suck is such a limpdick: there's no wayspoiler[ he'll be a man about Kuroneko's confession and boink her as he should.]

Oh and zero surprise on spoiler[Mr. Pillow-biter not really being Kirin-ho's boyfriend. No way that guy plays for Team Het.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 7543
Location: Windsor Ontario

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
God Kirino. You always have to be such a damn drama queen about everything.

I remember when this novel came out. Even the author apologised for using the same cliffhanger ending twice in a row Laughing

Blood- wrote:
Dang, this show has gotten pretty good at handing out the cliff-hangers. Too bad Kyou-suck is such a limpdick: there's no wayspoiler[ he'll be a man about Kuroneko's confession and boink her as he should.]


We all know he's holding out for Ayase.

Blood- wrote:
Oh and zero surprise on spoiler[Mr. Pillow-biter not really being Kirin-ho's boyfriend. No way that guy plays for Team Het.]


Actually [NOVEL SPOILERS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LOOK] spoiler[I told you not to look! Why didn't you listen to me?!?! Anyways he has a girlfriend already. A 2D one.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3549
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Well this episode was really good overall and it was great to see how a typical dad/brother would react.
SPOILERS!!!!!!
spoiler[Now for kuroneko confessing to kyouske, this is expected from some one that has read the light novel. However their relationship is not even going to last one episode at the rate this adaption is going and kyouske is going to get dumped next week.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy



Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 3243

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Is a middle-schooler having a boyfriend really that out of line?

Although it might be difficult for older brothers and dads and jealous girlfriends, they should realize they are better off with her getting some experience in this earlier rather than later. spoiler[By taking the outright hostile stance they are accomplishing nothing but pushing her away. Of course a 14 year old dating should have some limits placed on her but they are acting like she would have none if she had a boyfriend.] Is everyone in Japan so emotionally stunted?

Of course it is more amusing this way so I guess it is just as well that I am not writing this anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3549
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Is a middle-schooler having a boyfriend really that out of line?

Although it might be difficult for older brothers and dads and jealous girlfriends, they should realize they are better off with her getting some experience in this earlier rather than later. spoiler[By taking the outright hostile stance they are accomplishing nothing but pushing her away. Of course a 14 year old dating should have some limits placed on her but they are acting like she would have none if she had a boyfriend.] Is everyone in Japan so emotionally stunted?

Of course it is more amusing this way so I guess it is just as well that I am not writing this anime.


I don't really think it's the fact she is a middle schooler who is in the 9th grade/14yrs old. I think it has due in part that fathers are very overprotective of their daughters in very Conservative society's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls



Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Posts: 3920
Location: New York City

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I don't think any good father will like it if their middle school daughter was already dating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 7543
Location: Windsor Ontario

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Kyosuke pretty much outlined why it's a big deal. It's not Japan exclusive either. Just look at films like Meet the Parents.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3549
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Kyosuke pretty much outlined why it's a big deal. It's not Japan exclusive either. Just look at films like Meet the Parents.


Perhaps so however I don't have a sister I'm close to fully understand these feelings. There is no need for me dwell on personal life issues here, but I've seen it happen before with some of my female friends when I was in high school.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Posts: 8818
Location: Brisbane, Australia

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

Forget most of the episode, the important bit as at the very end where spoiler[Ruri finally got the guts to ask Kyousuke out]. Well it had been causing trouble, it seems that Kirino does not have a boyfriend, well she seemed to being against his supposed flirting with Ruri and Manami, and being jealous. That is the only thing I can think of with how things turned out, it seriously looked like she was going to confess, but Kyouske gave a "I know" sort of answer.

Now what will happen next week, the stakes are rising and status quo could change. I also liked that Saori decided to be frank in removing her façade for a little bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 56

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group