• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oreimo Episode 2 Leaked 1 Day Before Japanese Debut

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Man, if this was ANN, you guys need to get another staff member to help out, even if temporarily, and catch some shut-eye.

Yeah, the presumed cause was already disclosed. While the leak is a violation of user trust, there are certainly steps that can be taken on the server end. I hope the licensor will be reasonable.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Oh come on, after what happened to Funimation?
Olivine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I would like to hereby apply for the job of "Guy That Holds the Flash Drive and Keeps It Away from Zac So He Can't Subconsciously Sabatoge the Oreimo Simulcast Because He Has Suppressed Feelings for his Little Sister or Something"

I only require sammiches, a place to sleep, clean water, a bathroom, and an internet connection. I even have my own flash drive!

I am very parfessionel, good with cats, am skilled in Kick You in the Shins and Run unarmed combat, and know how to hide things! Limited time offer!
warnenANN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Is this the reason I can watch episode 1 now? So lame, I even paid for the 720p on commercial version. This is just grand!
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quote
So wait, I'm confused.. is this a leak on ANN's side or the Japanese side?

The article makes it sound like a Japanese leak up until the point where it says ANN CEO refused to comment.

If it's an ANN leak... then wow. The person who found it and distributed it must have 0 sense at all. Is it really worth seeing an episode a week early at the possible expense of losing the ability to watch the entire rest of the series?

Like someone said above: this is why we can't have nice things.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
So wait, I'm confused.. is this a leak on ANN's side or the Japanese side?

The article makes it sound like a Japanese leak up until the point where it says ANN CEO refused to comment.

If it's an ANN leak... then wow. The person who found it and distributed it must have 0 sense at all. Is it really worth seeing an episode a week early at the possible expense of losing the ability to watch the entire rest of the series?

Like someone said above: this is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah it isn't worth it. Geez there's nothing wrong with waiting a week to see it legally, though the person who leaked it probably is very impatient to where they can't wait a minute for the next episode. If this is like the One Piece incident the simulcast will be pulled for a few months along with episode 1. This was ANN's first simulcast, it shouldn't be ruined/cancelled over someone wanting to leak episode 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:

If it's an ANN leak... then wow. The person who found it and distributed it must have 0 sense at all. Is it really worth seeing an episode a week early at the possible expense of losing the ability to watch the entire rest of the series?\

I doubt the person who leaked it cares if they watch it on ANN, or if they watch it via fansubs. They're not going to lose their ability to watch it unless Japan cancels the whole show altogether. Somehow I just plain don't see that happening. People like that don't feel any shame in ruining things for others, so long as they get their internet cred for being the first to release something.
mr.malaysia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote
So, uh, what's the big deal? So some shmuks will fansub it and some people will see it before it was meant to, its not like they wouldn't pirate it anyway. I don't see how this could cause any damage, unless ANN is barred from showing the series. In that case, buyers who detest pirates will still buy it and pirates will still pirate. You'll just have to wait longer to see it or find another way to see it legally.

tl;dr Nothing of value was lost.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Expect the article to be updated once everything has been investigated and some sort of official statement prepared.

The people who ripped and distributed it don't care - if the streams are terminated here it won't stop others fansubbing it as soon as it airs in Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:

OK, somebody needs to explain this to me, what happened with Funi and One Piece?
Leebo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:40 pm Reply with quote
mr.malaysia wrote:
So, uh, what's the big deal? So some shmuks will fansub it and some people will see it before it was meant to, its not like they wouldn't pirate it anyway. I don't see how this could cause any damage, unless ANN is barred from showing the series. In that case, buyers who detest pirates will still buy it and pirates will still pirate. You'll just have to wait longer to see it or find another way to see it legally.

The Japanese are getting it before it even aired there. Aniplex and AIC, the animation company, are not going to be pleased.
scchan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote
While I understand the mentality of ... some of the fans, but sometimes by not acting with some minimum restrain and self-control, all fans (including those who leaked) will face the consequence.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote
mr.malaysia wrote:

Except that it just gives fuel to the Inducing Infringement of Copyrights Act that is currently making its way to a vote. This could be used as another reason why the bill should be passed.
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

OK, somebody needs to explain this to me, what happened with Funi and One Piece?

A similar thing happened when Funi started simulcasting One Piece. After that, they stopped doing it for a few months, presumably while issues with the Japanese companies were being worked out.
mr.malaysia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
mr.malaysia wrote:

The Japanese are getting it before it even aired there. Aniplex and AIC, the animation company, are not going to be pleased.

So they're upset that some people that would more than likely download it for free after it airs anyway and possibly not even bother watching it when it airs are going to see it before normal people who watch it on TV? Sounds rather childish. Companies need to think of things more logically instead of thinking the worst of everything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 31