• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blu-ray thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nico87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
But the Japanese releases aren't listed. That's what I wanted. Because if peopl have a list of the Japanese blu-rays and the anime gets licensed, people can see if a blu-ray will come or not.

Here is a spreadsheet of Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese and Hong Kong releases with English subs or dubs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiYIDRsRkReJdDZjX183cHZULU1ObnZ0UkFlTHlvU3c&hl=en_US#gid=2
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I know, but that's now what I'm wanting here. I want a list of all animes that have a BD release in Japan. So if a title gets licensed, we can easily look up if a BD will also come with it or not.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
And like I said, use Amazon Japan or CD Japan and look it up yourself. There's your list. If there's a BD in Japan, it's listed on those sites. All you just have to use the search function.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Yes, I know, but that's now what I'm wanting here. I want a list of all animes that have a BD release in Japan.

http://www.asianblurayguide.com/

Quote:
So if a title gets licensed, we can easily look up if a BD will also come with it or not.

Unfortunately, an R1 BD is far from guaranteed just because a Japanese BD exists. (Although it is fair to say that if it doesn't have one it will in all likelihood not get an R1 BD).
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
Yes, I know, but that's now what I'm wanting here. I want a list of all animes that have a BD release in Japan.

http://www.asianblurayguide.com/

Thanks, that's easier then trying to...read a Japanese website.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quote
[JP] Cowboy Bebop BD-Box

[JP] Elfen Lied BD-Box artwork | LINK

Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quote
That CB box is pretty damn pretty.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen this posted yet, but for those interested it seems Hellsing OVA X will be released in December. Link. I guess we might then be looking at a Nov-Dec 2013 release by Funi or early 2014?
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:13 am Reply with quote
[JP] Giant Robo BD-Box [EngDub]

supercreep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
Loving the Cowboy Bebop set. I really hope that someone licenses it.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
[JP] Utena, Revolutionary Girl BD-Boxes

Amazon Japan listings: BD-Box 1

http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/utena/bd.html

BD-Box 1 (eps. 1 - 24): 23940yen, 1/23
BD-Box 2 (eps. 25 - 39 + movie): 23940yen, 2/27
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
Loving the Cowboy Bebop set. I really hope that someone licenses it.

I'd imagine Bandai could ask a fortune, knowing how the west views that show, and what they might want to pay for it. Still doesn't explain the lack of subtitles or possibly the dub on the Japanese release, I still feel that was a massive mistake and a potential loss of easy revenue from Western fans willing to buy that set at Japanese prices.

Awesome on Utena, I hope the movie is also getting some new transfer love, it needs it. I doubt either will be licensed, however.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:58 am Reply with quote
I have Bebop ordered. I'm looking forward to watching it again, but not looking forward to doing it by my lonesome :< I wish they would at least include the English dub. Bad marketing on the part of Bandai Visual. It is one of the most successful anime ever outside of Japan. This is a show to watch with a group. I cannot enjoy this with my friends or girlfriend without it being in English.

I don't know what I think of the packaging...it looks strange to me. The texture, the choice of font, the list of names, all of it. Certainly not a deal breaker but strange in my opinion.

Last edited by luffypirate on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
[JP] Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

Amazon Japan listing

26250yen, 2/22
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:30 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
I have Bebop ordered. I'm looking forward to watching it again, but not looking forward to doing it by my lonesome :< I wish they would at least include the English dub. Bad marketing on the part of Bandai Visual. It is one of the most successful anime ever outside of Japan. This is a show to watch with a group. I cannot enjoy this with my friends or girlfriend without it being in English.

I don't know what I think of the packaging...it looks strange to me. The texture, the choice of font, the list of names, all of it. Certainly not a deal breaker but strange in my opinion.

It appears to have been made (deliberately, I would assume) to resemble closely the cover of the album "Deja Vu" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, right down to the color and texture (it's been a long time since I actually looked at it so not sure how much the character poses resemble the album cover). Interesting...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 31