• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Ranks Fall 2010 Simulcasts by Popularity

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
... Could they have created a better recap? Yeah, but they did include a recap, ...

That's what I referred a long way back up there, that they had a scene in the shape of a recap. If it had functioned as one, that would have been nice:
agila61 wrote:
For the rest, though ... if only they had had a speech in a setting where the speaker could have flashed slides of clearly identified protaganist and antagonist ships and mechas while rambling on, to give people who never played the games a chance to catch up. But when could they possibly have had a chance to work something like that in, in the introductory episode?

Anyway, that's the way I see it. Its still on my list of four simulcasts I'm following at the moment, plus catching up on East of Eden.

I will just say that I really want people to see it, since OG2 was one of my favorite games, but it's a complicated story so I can see why people might drop it due to confusion. I know I have been kind of obnoxious about it, but I just love it the series.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry. I'm watching it and the only thing I know about SRW is that JAM Project did a lot of songs for it.

This was me during episode 1.

"WTF is going on...HOLY S***! THIS ANIMATION! But I still don't know what's going on and....BOOB ROBOT!" Cool
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
"WTF is going on...HOLY S***! THIS ANIMATION! But I still don't know what's going on and....BOOB ROBOT!" Cool
... it's interesting to watch alongside Mobile Suit Gundam, as close as MSG is to mecha protoculture ...
... which is streaming again (though, again, with the dub) at Crunchy at least in North America (they have gone back to being stingy on region info, so I don't know whether it gets to Northern Europe, but do know its blocked in Australia/NZ).

I'm not enough of a mecha fan to marathon it (which is how I missed it in its first brief run), but 50 minutes of loud noises and explosions is sometimes just the thing.
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Somehow missed CR's Fall 2010 Ranking.

I agree with an earlier post that Letter Bee would be much higher if the first season wasn't so "filler" prone. I love the color pallet and overall plot.

WGoK is a fun anime too. Glad to see if ranked so well.

One thing for sure though, when Crunchyroll finally produces a Android App, I will once again be a premium member. But if Hulu or some other site with a good selection of anime is first to the scene with a Droid App, that is where my money will go.

~trip
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5