• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Films Adds Koihime†Musō, 11Eyes, Kämpfer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I'll be getting all 3 of these new shows along with the second set of Mikami. Good work Sentai.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
Quite alot of people at Mania were ranting and raving about it last year.

And then by the time the show ended, a number of them ended up hating the show, with one of the reasons being because Natsuru doesn't just stay in female form the entire show... Uh, OK.

Anyway, Mikami is a definite buy, 11Eyes does nothing for me, Koihime is a strong maybe, and Kampfer is a weak maybe right now.

That plotline has not affected me much, I still find Kamfper an appealing love it or hate it action/ecchi and Im looking forward to another season at least where they make Natsuru a girl almost 90% of the time. I'll be picking this up in Feb.
The Count

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Am I too late to see the "no dub no sale" people? Cause I love those guys.
No dub no sale. There, are you happy. You know unnecessarily bringing this up is just as annoying as the people who say "no dub no sale".

Seriously though, the drop in releases that I'm interested in for december and Janurary compared to the stellar Q4 Sentai and Funimation has been having is a bit sad to me. I've heard a bit of raving for Koihime Muso, so I may check that one out.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
wilson_x1999 wrote:
What, why would anyone want Kämpfer? That show sucked so bad :S the other two aren't all that great either, but at least they don't make me angry just by thinking of them.

At least its not utter crap like Zettai Shogeki Platonic Heart now that's a waste of license!
Eivion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Weird pick ups. I enjoyed Kampfer, but thought it was pretty bad overall. 11eyes was pretty terrible as well. Koihime†Musō is a guilty pleasure for me. Not good, but it never tries to be more than it really is so I tended to enjoy it especially on the occasions where they opted for innuendo instead of straight forward fan service. Still don't see myself picking it up any time soon if at all. Better shows out there that do more for me.

Last edited by Eivion on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pandadice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Hey, everyone who thought Kämpfer was horrible: Don't buy it! Amazingly simple, no?

well when they continue to license shows not worth buying, then don't go blaming fansubs when ADV goes under
the-antihero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Thanks but no thanks Section23, I usually buy my anime, but if it's not getting a dub which you idiots never do to what you license now, it's not worth buying.

And I don't know why people are going bananas over Kampfer, it may not be a great show, but in the end, is it supposed to be? It's just for laughs and fan-service, it's not like it was marketed as anything great when it's actually so-so at best or even crap like Avatar...seriously, that piece of crap was a sci-fi ripoff of Lawrence of Arabia and people said it's the best thing ever? Avatards! Anyway, back on topic, it's not worth getting angry over a dumb show which wasn't supposed to be good anyway. I could still watch it and enjoy it for what it is because hey, at least Japanese marketers don't put crap in your face and call it ice cream like Hollywood did in the past decade. You'd have to be stupid to think Ecchi/Harems and whatnot could give you a great time, these genres rarely allow greatness to be produced, only good ones at the top of my head would be Ranma 1/2 and Tenchi Universe, and those are just harems, and next to no ecchi.
I'm not calling Kampfer crap or anything, but it's nowhere something I'd die to see.

Last edited by the-antihero on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
John Casey wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Hope the fanservice sells for ya Section23.

I won't be purchasing any of these.

Anime hyper Ironic post, given your blushy Misaka avatar.

Yeah that's confused me at times as well. On one hand I see Megiddo bashing competitors in the Saimoe threads, on the other... Misaka?

spoiler[mouuu~]
Moe and fanservice should never go together. The whole point of moe to incite a desire in the viewer/reader to protect the character. That's not the desire a show incites when a character is parading about in their underwear or half naked most of the time.

So that said, your comment doesn't really make sense. I'm not a fan of fanservice shows (unless they actually have a good story along with the fanservice, such as Mahoromatic). I watch plenty of shows with moe characters though (including Biribiri).

That said, since I actually want the anime industry to do well here in America, I hope these titles sell well. Cause maybe then a title I want to purchase will be licensed next time.
nekedo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Ah! I was just complaining the other day how 11eyes wasn't licensed! What luck! Definitely picking that up.

And really, all the people who won't purchase these because of them not taking on the expensive venture of dubbing these shows, you're not helping the situation any. They won't dub because people aren't buying. Why waste the money? Frankly I can't blame them. If only people looked at the logic behind it all instead of becoming GIMMIEGIMMIEs.

Anyway, thanks Section23 :3
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Sigh this suck sub only of Kampfer and Koihime Muso both of those need to be dub
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Pandadice wrote:
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Hey, everyone who thought Kämpfer was horrible: Don't buy it! Amazingly simple, no?

well when they continue to license shows not worth buying, then don't go blaming fansubs when ADV goes under

It won't be very long before the moderators delete your hyperpole nonsense posts. You have been warned.
Keyl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
John Casey wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Yeah that's confused me at times as well. On one hand I see Megiddo bashing competitors in the Saimoe threads, on the other... Misaka?

spoiler[mouuu~]

At least Index and Railgun have great stories, characters, animation, and music going for them. Those other three only have the fanservice.

Well, no, that's not entirely true, 11Eyes was at least smart enough to steel the best parts of Persona 3.

Emerje

Lol, Index has such a great story that 90% of the time you have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on, or who is after what. The pinnacle of great storytelling indeed.

having seen index twice (one when it first came out and a second time for a review) i would almost say your right except i kinda thought everything else was mediocre. Ok mediocre is harsh word so i'll go with it never went past the wow factor it established in the first few episodes (and i'm talking about everything but the story). Ok, the animation was pretty good to.

on topic, 11Eyes is ok, Kämpfer sucks and never seen Koihime Muso.

So any news about Guin Saga, seriously want that show to come out soon.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
John Casey wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

spoiler[mouuu~]
Moe and fanservice should never go together. The whole point of moe to incite a desire in the viewer/reader to protect the character. That's not the desire a show incites when a character is parading about in their underwear or half naked most of the time.

So that said, your comment doesn't really make sense. I'm not a fan of fanservice shows (unless they actually have a good story along with the fanservice, such as Mahoromatic). I watch plenty of shows with moe characters though (including Biribiri).

That said, since I actually want the anime industry to do well here in America, I hope these titles sell well. Cause maybe then a title I want to purchase will be licensed next time.

Well yeah, I agree with everything up there, pretty much--except is Misaka really moe? I mean maybe if she wasn't a biological linear motor... the only character in Railgun I'd call moe is Uihara, because seriously, she has a wreath on her head.

But I digress, I'm no moe expert. Anyway, good luck getting sales on these shows S23; judging from the response here that could prove somewhat challenging...
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Thanks but no thanks Section23, I usually buy my anime, but if it's not getting a dub which you idiots never do to what you license now, it's not worth buying.

And I don't know why people are going bananas over Kampfer, it may not be a great show, but in the end, is it supposed to be? It's just for laughs and fan-service, it's not like it was marketed as anything great when it's actually so-so at best or even crap like Avatar...seriously, that piece of crap was a sci-fi ripoff of Lawrence of Arabia and people said it's the best thing ever? Avatards! Anyway, back on topic, it's not worth getting angry over a dumb show which wasn't supposed to be good anyway. I could still watch it and enjoy it for what it is because hey, at least Japanese marketers don't put crap in your face and call it ice cream like Hollywood did in the past decade. You'd have to be stupid to think Ecchi/Harems and whatnot could give you a great time, these genres rarely allow greatness to be produced, only good ones at the top of my head would be Ranma 1/2 and Tenchi Universe, and those are just harems, and next to no ecchi.
I'm not calling Kampfer crap or anything, but it's nowhere something I'd die to see.

Well here they are! The "no dub, no buy" whiners are out again.

I'm only going to say this once: STOP BITCHING ABOUT S23 NOT DUBBING A NEW LICENSES! THEY ARE DUBBING, ITS JUST THAT THE ADR IS BEING DONE IN SECRET!!!!

Okay? You understand now? Sentai dubs are done in secret. END OF STORY.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen Kampfer but 11eyes and Koihime Musou were on CR and I watched them there.

Koihime Musou is....kind of bad but more like brainless fun. I mean, I did watch all 3 seasons somehow so...it's not "awful" but it is...um...awful. I dunno.

11eyes started out good and then it really pissed me off by the end and I really really wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8