• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Graphinica, Kelmadick to Make Last Hellsing OVA Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, Graphinica has only done computer graphics related work. Kelmadick doesn't seem like they've done any animation, only production coordination and the like. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but either way it looks to me like they're trying to cut corners in hopes of wrapping this up as quickly as possible. I could understand the transition from giving the animation responsibility from Satelight to a studio like Madhouse. Not so much here.

Maybe it's the connection to Gonzo that has me speculating like this.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
One question, when are we getting the rest of the R1 releases?! I've been waiting for at least 2 years now! And they better be bringing back the original English VAs! Evil or Very Mad

5-7 were licensed by Funimation a few months back, so they're on the way starting late next year I'd say. Go email them and see if they'll give you a better time-frame.
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Go email them and see if they'll give you a better time-frame.
I don't think they'll say anything more than: "It will be done, when it's done."
Sima Yi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm dying for Hellsing Ultimate episode 5 dubbed. I'm pretty bummed that we'll probably have to wait another full year for it. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Sima Yi on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, they have to reunite the almighty Crispin Freeman and the other cast members too which are non-Funi actors so that might take longer too now that I think about it.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:36 am Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:
so whens the dub of 5-7 coming to america?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-02/funi-adds-live-action-moyashimon

Sad that Madhouse dropped out. Kinda strange that they would change studios AGAIN after only 3 OVAs and a revamp of the first five. The truly best action scenes and fights happen in the last part of the story, so as long as the new studio pulls through I guess it ain't so bad, all that matters is the end result! Arrow
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Yeah, they have to reunite the almighty Crispin Freeman and the other cast members too which are non-Funi actors so that might take longer too now that I think about it.

Funi's just distributing so I don't think that's an issue. However, it may mean the Japanese decide and I heard they don't necessarily care about what English dub fans like and just pick whoever. So I'm worried but my husband is an optimist; he's convinced they'll release it next year with the same cast. I hope he's right and he has been right about these things before.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:21 pm Reply with quote
They already reunited the cast twice already once by Geneon for the first 3 episodes of the OVA and again by Funimation for the 4th episode when they rescued the title after Geneon collapsed, no reason they can't do it again unless the actors outright refuse.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I guess any news is good news? The changing of studios.... well.. that doesn't bode well. It's not necessarily a bad sign either, but how is it a good one other than that it's getting mad. Madhouse did a damn fine translation of the manga so far.

Also, I'll add that I can't wait for Funimation to release the remaining volumes so far in America. It was one of the few anime titles I still followed regularly. I even bought the crazy tin special editions with all the bonus crap. I have the Alucard and Anderson that came with like Vol 1 and 3 reliefs up on my wall. I was hoping to get the one of The Major that came with Japanese vol 5, but then Geneon USA folded and it never came out here. Who knows if it's even viable for Funimation, especially after all this time, to release it with that figure or even in those nice tin cases to match the earlier ones.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Lol, hypocricy.

I remember when the original Hellsing TV series first came out, it was like the hottest thing around. It practically blossomed Crispin Freeman's fanbase.

Now that the OVAs are coming out, everyone's going all "the original sucked so bad."

In retrospect for comparisons' sake? Sure. But I doubt it was the passing of time that made the latter opinion so concrete.

Afterall, now I'm starting to see people who loved the original FMA watch Brotherhood, then quickly, magically change their opinions to "Yeah, the first FMA sucked. Never really was into it."

Liiiieesss... And the same thing here with Hellsing... In fact, I'll bet if I was to show Zac, or whomever, a window back in time, they'll either be surprised, or flatly embarrassed how it differs.
OtakuExile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:29 am Reply with quote
Otaking09 wrote:
The Hellsing TV series is one of the worst animes I've EVER seen.
Where the manga/OVA goes is radically different from where the adapted TV ver went. Ignore the TV version and try watching the series again. I'll tell you, your speculation about where the series goes, is better than what actually happens in the manga. It's nothing like the TV series. The TV series followed a formula that you have seen many times over. The OVA/manga does not (when you compare the two). It's like a Metal Gear Solid, Boss Rush.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2