• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gripe about Bandai's shipping. BUYER BEWARE!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Dunno if any of y'all have purchased from the Bandai Store, but here's a little something you should know. My Gurren Lagann movie LE's arrived today...in a bubble mailer. Really?? $85 worth of collectables in a beat as* envelope??? I got over my initial rage, walked inside, and opened it up to find one of the discs loose! Ok, no lie that got me pissed. No scratches thank god, but still! Quality control, people. Your customers take this sh*t seriously!

So anyway, a lot of you might have already had this experience, but just looking out. Bandai needs fork out a little more money to BOX their sh*t (especially these LE ones!) RightStuf does it. They should too. I wrote Aniplex a little note on the feedback card that was included. This whole situation makes me think about cancelling my R.O.D and DRRR!! pre-orders I have placed with them... >:/
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
This whole situation makes me think about cancelling my R.O.D and DRRR!! pre-orders I have placed with them... >:/

Why don't you order them at rightstuf, that is where I preorder DRRR!!

I have never order from the Bandai Store before but after reading this, I don't think I will try. I'm glad your discs didn't got scratches.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:35 am Reply with quote
Hell, I'd be happy just to find out what the Bandai's Store shipping is actually like. I ordered 5 centimeters per second from them, which was supposed to have been available by October 8th, but every time I check the status of my order, it indicates they are still "processing."
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:19 am Reply with quote
Why didn't you just order DRRR! at TSRI? Faster shipping, and comes in a gorgeous cardboard box with a safety holster inside.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:23 am Reply with quote
Is RightStuf going to sell 5 CMs per Second as well? If they haven't even sent out 5 CMs Per Second, I'm not gonna buy it from Bandai's store, and I was thinking about it too.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Why didn't you just order DRRR! at TSRI? Faster shipping, and comes in a gorgeous cardboard box with a safety holster inside.

Out of convenience. Bandai had the best deal for the GL movies so I figured I would pre-order other stuff while I was at it. I'll be changing it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
Is RightStuf going to sell 5 CMs per Second as well? If they haven't even sent out 5 CMs Per Second, I'm not gonna buy it from Bandai's store, and I was thinking about it too.

I could be wrong about this, but I think the Bandai store has exclusive rights to 5 centimeters on behalf of Crunchyroll. If I thought I would have had the option of going through TRSI, I definitely would have.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I must say, I am SHOCKED that a store run by Bandai has issues. Shocked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FaytLein

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I guess I've been lucky ordering from the Bandai store, and they actually do box their stuff, at least they did for my last order. I didn't have a problem with my Lagann movie LE's even though they came in bubble mail. I guess I just have good luck from the shipping gods, I don't think I've ever really had a problem with packages.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:48 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Dunno if any of y'all have purchased from the Bandai Store, but here's a little something you should know. My Gurren Lagann movie LE's arrived today...in a bubble mailer. Really?? $85 worth of collectables in a beat as* envelope??? I got over my initial rage, walked inside, and opened it up to find one of the discs loose! Ok, no lie that got me pissed. No scratches thank god, but still! Quality control, people. Your customers take this sh*t seriously!

So anyway, a lot of you might have already had this experience, but just looking out. Bandai needs fork out a little more money to BOX their sh*t (especially these LE ones!) RightStuf does it. They should too. I wrote Aniplex a little note on the feedback card that was included. This whole situation makes me think about cancelling my R.O.D and DRRR!! pre-orders I have placed with them... >:/

Damn! Now this has me worried for when i order the first Haruhi-chan volume next month.

Out of curiousity, do they have UPS Ground as a shipping option?
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:45 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

It think ground is just exclusively for the Gurren movie package.

For the pre-orders I placed, I believe I was offered media or priority.

I wouldn't worry too much. I'm kind of a super diva when it comes to the condition of my purchases (especially DVD/Blu-ray) so it was probably just a fluke on their part. I dislike bubble mailers because I've had someone smash one before with all the contents in it. I mail out all my expensive collectible stuffs in boxes so I expect the same. I do wish I could order 5 Centimeters elsewhere though.
EricDent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
IIRC Right Stuf was also offering 5 CM Per Second.
The Haruhi-Chan thing is only in the Bandai store
BTW Haruhi Season 2 is now in stock at Best Buy & Fry's.
Of course since 5 CM is delayed (and still no word on when, or if it ever will come out)....

BTW I looked on DVDAf, and until Febuary '11 there is nothing about 5 CM Per Second...
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

It think ground is just exclusively for the Gurren movie package.

For the pre-orders I placed, I believe I was offered media or priority.

I wouldn't worry too much. I'm kind of a super diva when it comes to the condition of my purchases (especially DVD/Blu-ray) so it was probably just a fluke on their part. I dislike bubble mailers because I've had someone smash one before with all the contents in it. I mail out all my expensive collectible stuffs in boxes so I expect the same. I do wish I could order 5 Centimeters elsewhere though.

5cm will be available in 2011 for purchase everywhere, we were told.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I ordered the Haruhi Chan dvd, and the Lucky Star LE 6 cover (only $1 and I could not stand having a non matching set).

Speed wise, I ordered on Friday Morning, got the package on Monday. No complaints as far as speed, and if I did not have a mailbox, everything would have been fine.

Postman crammed the package into the mailbox, slightly bending the Lucky Star LE 6 cover.
Oh well, still better than the old cover.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:07 am Reply with quote
Judging by all the issues they continually have with piece of s*** disc encoding, I'm not surprised at all their store errors too. Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1