• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sunday Spotlight - Accepting Questions for Gen Fukunaga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote
After the first Sunday Spotlight was posted, a lot of people were interested in pitching in questions for future interviews.

Within a few days or so, I'll be emailing a few questions to FUNimation executive producer and co-founder Gen Fukunaga.

Have any questions you've been dying to ask him? Here's the place to do it. Friday midnight (mountain time ;p), this thread will be locked, so swarm swarm swarm!!!!
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:19 pm Reply with quote
The obvious questions are if they have the dvd rights to the subbed and uncut One Piece, and if so, when will it be released in that format? (I guess the same goes for Mew Mew.) But I'd like to know if they've picked up any Lupin movies beyond the 10 they've already announced, and are looking into the other recent Monkey Punch anime. Also, what's the latest on the live-action DBZ? Oh, and to rip off AICN, FIRST POST!
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm always interested in the internal thinking that led to moving away from the more children-oriented shows like DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho and embracing titles like Kiddy Grade, Gunslinger Girl and Samural 7. *Especially* Gunslinger Girl. Was it simply a question of going where the money is, or are there some kinds of personal preferences at play here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
IanC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote
May as well go for the obvious how he got into the anime "scene" question Wink
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Shitty DBZ related question- "Do you think it is possible for a more Japanese-faithful English adaptaion of Dragonball Z to come out sometime in the not too distant future?"

Low priority, everyone else will have nicer questions I just felt the need to "input".
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:50 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
The obvious questions are if they have the dvd rights to the subbed and uncut One Piece, and if so, when will it be released in that format? (I guess the same goes for Mew Mew.) But I'd like to know if they've picked up any Lupin movies beyond the 10 they've already announced, and are looking into the other recent Monkey Punch anime.

Hmm, those are questions that would be better suited for Lance Heiskell. When they're ready to announce something, they will, so an interview wouldn't be the place to get information like that.
biliano

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I would like to ask Mr. Fukunaga how the upcoming merger with Navarre will affect FUNi's positioning in the anime market in terms of licensing and releasing future titles. I would also like to know if he thinks that Fullmetal Alchemist has the potential to be the next anime dynasty; a series that will have a long-term impact in the way Evangelion did when it first came out. Does he see FMA as the next Evangelion?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:19 pm Reply with quote
"Your titles have been noticably absent from Canadian television over the years. Have you made any effort to get major properties like 'Fullmetal Alchemist' on Canadian airwaves, or perhaps even titles that might find a more receptive audience up here, like Fruits Basket?"

Hey, what did you think I was going to ask? Anime hyper
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quote
Sakechan: Alright, I'll ask something else. Has the fact that Detective Conan hasn't received the same strong reception in the U.S. that it did in Japan affected FUNimation's business model?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1