• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Kuragehime, 2nd Heaven's Lost Property

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote
lheiskell wrote:
redranger wrote:
A bunch of shit as usual for funimation.

Thanks for the support.

Lance Heiskell
Your Friendly and now Crappy and Smelly FUNimation Guy.

I lol'd

Anyways looking forward to Kuragehime.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Here's to hoping for an eventual DVD release as well, along with the other Noitamina series.

I haven't been up to date with Funi's releases, but refresh this old pervert's memory if you will, did they ever release a Noitamina show on DVD?

Eden of the East, Paradise Kiss (a Geneon rescue) and Jyu Oh Sei.

Very few noitaminA shows have been released on DVD. The others are:
Honey and Clover (Viz)
Ayakashi: Samurai Ghost Stories (Geneon)

(edited for mistake on Paradise Kiss; also, it seems someone beat me to this)

Last edited by vashfanatic on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
darkhappy1 wrote:
egoist wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Here's to hoping for an eventual DVD release as well, along with the other Noitamina series.

I haven't been up to date with Funi's releases, but refresh this old pervert's memory if you will, did they ever release a Noitamina show on DVD?

Yeah; they released Paradise Kiss, Jyu-Oh-Sei, and Eden of the East on DVD.

Kuragehime might not seem like a show I'd like, but I'll give it a shot. After all, I can trust noitaminA to give me at least a quality show. Wink

But those were all released before their simulcast deal. Paradise Kiss isn't a Funimation show anyways, they were just releasing it for Geneon, hence why the Geneon label is on it. So really, no Noitamina show after the simuclasting deal has been released on DVD by Funimation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
batou37

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I also look forward to Kuragehime. I pretty much expected that this would be a sure bet with the Noitamina deal, and Sora is just sort of meh.... I understand why they are airing it (wanting to have season 2 since they have one) and since Funimation has said that they primarily look at streaming as advertising for their DVDs its understandable. I do find the show funny and watch it, but I can see it at CR simulcast in 720p with no commercials so there is no reason to watch a Hulu embed with commercials at lower quality. I will admit though that I was really hoping for Index II with the first season also being added on Fridays like they did with Black Butler. Then again maybe they aren't done with announcements...
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
But those were all released before their simulcast deal. Paradise Kiss isn't a Funimation show anyways, they were just releasing it for Geneon, hence why the Geneon label is on it. So really, no Noitamina show after the simuclasting deal has been released on DVD.

They didn't specify before or after; we gave honest answers.

Bear in mind that this deal only started in March, and neither Tatami Galaxy nor House of Five Leaves has finished its DVD release in Japan. I wouldn't expect any releases prior to at least then, for fear of reverse importation.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quote
A lot of people will be happy about Kuragehime. And I am happy that I can finally look forwards to Fractale.

Is it weird that Strike Witches is my favorite anime, but everytime I try to watch Heaven's Lost Property I think "This show is damn stupid" and can't finish it?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:

Is it weird that Strike Witches is my favorite anime, but everytime I try to watch Heaven's Lost Property I think "This show is damn stupid" and can't finish it?

Maybe the latter is very hetero while the former can be pretty gay?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
[They didn't specify before or after; we gave honest answers.

Bear in mind that this deal only started in March, and neither Tatami Galaxy nor House of Five Leaves has finished its DVD release in Japan. I wouldn't expect any releases prior to at least then, for fear of reverse importation.

You're right that he didn't specify a time, but I just assumed he meant shows after the simulcast deal since that seems to be what a lot of people are wondering about. People seem to care more about Tatami Galaxy and House of Five Leaves (shows after the deal) than Hakaba Kitaro or Mononoke (shows before the deal).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redlinks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Meh. I'd rather them acquire more Geneon rescues or Yo Son Goku and Friends Return. Non of those shows spark my interests.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Nice pickup, as far as Sora no Otoshimono: Forte goes. Alsways nice when I can follow something I want to see legally.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
People seem to care more about Tatami Galaxy and House of Five Leaves (shows after the deal) than Hakaba Kitaro or Mononoke (shows before the deal).

Not listing the Nodame Cantabile trilogy in "shows before the deal" seems to be a very grave error.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
YAAAAAY, Kuragehime!! Thanks, Funimation! Very Happy

Sadly, I won't be able to watch the simulcasts until next week (most likely). Visiting folks over the weekend, and I'm leaving tomorrow. *sadhat*

Also, starting next month I'll be able to buy Eden of the East, finally. I'm looking forward to the purchase.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:
Maybe the latter is very hetero while the former can be pretty gay?

Nah, I think it as more to do with his pattern of finding pre-adolescent girls in anime attractive...
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
A bunch of shit as usual for funimation.

lheiskell wrote:
Thanks for the support.

Lance Heiskell
Your Friendly and now Crappy and Smelly FUNimation Guy.

Well, maybe if FUNi licensed different shows for different people... Not just "the same damn thing in different costumes" in the hopes of keeping the dedicated fanbase... Idea

Also, this.

And a reminder: There's Circuit City (whose stores had closed via bankruptcy) and then there's Best Buy. Your Customers. Why do some people hate them so much? Sad
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
[They didn't specify before or after; we gave honest answers.

You're right that he didn't specify a time, but I just assumed he meant shows after the simulcast deal since that seems to be what a lot of people are wondering about. People seem to care more about Tatami Galaxy and House of Five Leaves (shows after the deal) than Hakaba Kitaro or Mononoke (shows before the deal).

That pretty much sums it up. It felt like every Noitamina show they've streamed died.
Although for me Mononoke was by far a greater, and more memorable experience. House of Five leaves was good, with an excellent opening, but nothing like Mononoke; Tatami Galaxy was one level below my comedic radar (but last 2-3 episodes were pretty good). Just hope at least Shiki gets a DVD (BD preferably) release.

Last edited by egoist on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7