• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Kuragehime, 2nd Heaven's Lost Property

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
I'm pretty puzzled why some people are going "oh no it's more of the same stuff!"

Because said people trolling
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
And they should spend less time and money filling their charts with animu that features more naked women than anything solid. (You know. Like engaging plot and likeable characters.)
... but, Funimation is not a charitable Foundation doling out an annual legacy income to good works ~ they are in the business of distributing anime that sell enough to pay their own way with hopefully a little profit on top.

If the anime that feature more naked women than anything solid sells, then "not wasting their time on it" does not bring more other stuff onto the market, it brings less other stuff onto the market.

I'd love it if Funimation found a way to license and release Denno Coil (engaging plot, likable characters, award winner from Japanese SF authors), but the idea that shallow tripe like Sora no Otoshimono{*} subtracts from their ability to do that ~ well, only if the shallow tripe fails to sell enough to cover its explicit costs and contribute to overheads. As long as it does that, it pays for the time and effort that goes into it.

{*YMMV}
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
FUNi should license titles like Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

"Snickering Fat Guy" has this one.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
None of those shows are Reborn. So I could care less. Tell me when Reborn comes to America so I can actually start caring.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to buy the 1st season of Heaven's Lost Property.
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Sweeet, Kuragehime! Very Happy I am very much looking forward to watching the rest of it! I really hope it comes out on DVD (along with House of Five Leaves, I loved that show) so I can buy it. Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Great news about Kuragehime. Caught the first eppie and really liked it, and as always, appreciate having a legit source to stream from.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Wait... what? You're protesting these fanservice-driven series on the grounds that they're misandrist?

Yes. Idea

Hey. Watch Kuragehime.

Not a lick of fanservice (at least the ecchi kind, loads of nerd fanservice in the OP alone).

And seriously... you didn't even watch Kuragehime before making any of these comments did you? Cause it's definitely different and not a cookie cutter series in the least, judging from the first episode.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Yay!
Thank you Funi.

Can't wait till tomorrow to watch both this (Kuragehime) & the new episode of Shiki <3

Last edited by BunnyCupCakes on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm willing to give both series a try.
Princess Jellyfish [Kuragehime] looks interesting and Heaven's Lost Property [Sora to Otoshimono] looks like good, guilty, brain-resting fun. Smile
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:

Well, maybe if FUNi licensed different shows for different people... Not just "the same damn thing in different costumes" in the hopes of keeping the dedicated fanbase... Idea

Considering the two shows mentioned in this announcement, that statement is rather laughable.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Well I know they would get 2nd Heaven's Lost Property but I did see them getting Kuragehime now Funi needs to get Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Index 2, My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute, MM! and Working!!
blackbell22

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote
thats good to hear. Sora is actually funny, i don't know why people hate it so much. its got good art and voice-acting. the plot is barely there but its just mindless fun.
as for Kuragehime, WIN!!! im sure the female audience will love it.
but im sad to hear that they didn't get Index s2. : (
Xanas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
I can't wait to buy the 1st season of Heaven's Lost Property.

I have to admit I like this show quite a bit. It's a fanservice show but I think it's got a lot of good qualities to it despite that. It's kind of like the opposite of FMA, which you take seriously except during goofy moments. Instead, it's totally wack 90% of the time except when it gets serious. I think they manage this in a strangely effective way.

I also like the character designs, OP, etc. I think the show is great. I'm happy that ANN posted something on this show as I totally missed it when it came out and only started watching it last week.

I'll definitely be buying it and the 2nd season. Good job Funimation.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Hurray for Heaven's Lost Property getting licensed! spoiler[I've been dying to see the famous flying panties scene.] Heard it was pretty damn funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7