• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Kuragehime, 2nd Heaven's Lost Property

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote
blackbell22 wrote:
but im sad to hear that they didn't get Index s2. : (

Well, it isn't as if they declared these will be the only Fall anime they will be streaming.

Personally, I will hold out hope for Index II to stream until around Thanksgiving.

I was a bit disappointed they did not also announce a stream for the first Sora no Otoshimono series, as well, but that too, could come a bit later.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:
Is it weird that Strike Witches is my favorite anime, but everytime I try to watch Heaven's Lost Property I think "This show is damn stupid" and can't finish it?
Maybe the latter is very hetero while the former can be pretty gay?

Nah, I think it as more to do with his pattern of finding pre-adolescent girls in anime attractive...

I believe you're using sarcastic hyperbole for effect, but to avoid the slandering of Strike Witches I would like to point out that for females, puberty begins "around 10 or 11 years of age" (1) and the ages of the 11-character main cast of Strike Witches are:

19, 18, 18, 16, 16, 15, 15, 15, 15, 14, 12

Which would preclude the possibility of a "pre-adolescent" character and make the average character age 16 (rounding).

I know that you probably don't care about the facts, but I just wanted to clear up any aspersions that Strike Witches is purely a "lolicon show" or something. Also, I believe it has a lot of depth and emotional substance beneath its fanservice veneer.

(1) http://www.pamf.org/teen/parents/health/growth-11-14.html
Otaking09

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Thank You Lance and Funimation for continuing with the NoitaminA shows. Looking forward to Kuragehime and new Shiki eps.!

--- and I just got my set #1 of Oh! Edo Rocket!. Thank you for the physical release and dub for this truly original show. The people who are saying that you guys never give us anything different really need to watch this show from start to end.

Exactly! People who think Funi's lost it needs to watch something like that show.

The second i was done watching it... I applauded. Then I remembered: oh wow! Greg Ayers and Brina Palencia are voicing the leads??!
Yep... Funi still knows what they're doing...
(I wanna get Oh! Edo Rocket now!!!)
gorbal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm really jazzed you got Kuragehime. I can't believe anyone would call that series weak; the series had the strongest first episode this season IMHO. I'm so glad you will get both 1 and 2 up for streaming tommorow so I don't have to settle for the glotchy keyhole streams.

I heard the other series was good as ecchi goes; not sure if I will watch it I have one life.
gorbal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm really jazzed funi got Kuragehime. I can't believe anyone would call that series weak; the series had the strongest first episode this season IMHO. I'm so glad you will get both 1 and 2 up for streaming tommorow so I don't have to settle for the glotchy keyhole streams.

I heard the other series was good as ecchi goes; not sure if I will watch it I have one life.
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 pm Reply with quote
[You can disagree with other people, but the line is crossed when they are personally attacked. A certain degree of respect and civility is expected and the rules for the forum say as much. - Keonyn]

As for my thoughts, I'm thrilled about Kuragehime, I think it was the best show of the new season and really unique. Madman tends to license things that Funimation gets so I'll be glad if I can get this in Australia too. If not I'll just import. haven't the slightest idea why someone made an anti-moe remark early in the thread though.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone aware whether Kuragehime will be placed on Funi's Youtube channel, so people outside the United States can watch it? There is no ad for it on their Youtube channel which is what they did for House of Five Leaves and Tatami Galaxy two seasons ago as well as the live-action Moyashimon last season. Also, and forgive me for bringing this up, but does anyone know why Shiki has yet to be posted on Funi's Youtube channel even though the series has already passed the half-way point in its run? All of the shows streaming on Funi's website, from the noitaminA block, use Hulu which does not stream where I live. Anime cry
Edit: And for the people who said that the simulcasted noitanminA titles are unlikely to be released by Funimation, I would like to point out that they did release Baccano! and Eden of the East neither of which I believe was a smash hit in North America (though correct me if I'm wrong and I really hope I am).
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
blackbell22 wrote:
but im sad to hear that they didn't get Index s2. : (

Well, it isn't as if they declared these will be the only Fall anime they will be streaming.

Personally, I will hold out hope for Index II to stream until around Thanksgiving.
... and the last ANNcast did say they were still fulfilling all the terms and conditions to get the materials on A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun ... so it would not be surprising if when those come through, streaming of a Certain Magical Index II would come through as well.

The mystery though is Star Driver ... if Funimation is not doing that one, who is? Or did Aniplex get a nibble at NYAF from a distributor that doesn't do simulcasts?

In any event, while the other one is not my cup of tea, I'm happy that Kuragehime is streaming, that was probably the one not yet streaming that I most wanted to check out.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:33 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
[attacks removed]

That's especially ironic because of how subtly misandrist SW is: whenever any part of the male conventional military does anything, they fail or make things worse. The only real male presence is the military brass, who do nothing but make bad decisions like spoiler["let's take the aliens we're fighting against and turn them into our own super-weapons. Yeah, no way it'll go berserk or be uncontrollable!] And then, when that goes wrong: spoiler[doing the exact same thing next season. Where it still blows up in their faces.]
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote
[If people are violating the rules and attacking or insulting you then report it so it can be dealt with rather than fanning the flames. - Keonyn]

At any rate, here's my profile at MyAnimeList and said "list of anime" (because the forum software won't let me have a signature). Idea

Seriously, though. Just think of how much more money these anime licensors would make; how much more respect the otaku would get from the outside world; if misandristic / "weak young men" anime wasn't the main focus. Idea
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
That's especially ironic because of how subtly misandrist SW is: whenever any part of the male conventional military does anything, they fail or make things worse. The only real male presence is the military brass, who do nothing but make bad decisions like spoiler["let's take the aliens we're fighting against and turn them into our own super-weapons. Yeah, no way it'll go berserk or be uncontrollable!] And then, when that goes wrong: spoiler[doing the exact same thing next season. Where it still blows up in their faces.]

LOL.
According to him though 'misandry' is only when a female character hits a male character, no matter how slapstick it is. He seems to equate slapstick violence with genuine 'aggressive bullying' for some reason no matter how obvious it is that the character isnt remotely hurt by it.
Female characters getting beaten up/hurt/raped/humiliated is AOK though!
Otaking09

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I think, just the premise alone, of Kuragehime is genius. How many anime solely focus on a woman's fandom? And the fact that Omori, one of my favorite directors, is handling this makes me beam with satisfaction.
I was quite fascinated with Oreimo's focus on girl fandom too.

And people say there was no good anime this year...[/spoiler]
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
[Content removed for already mentioned reasons]

Quote:
I think, just the premise alone, of Kuragehime is genius. How many anime solely focus on a woman's fandom? And the fact that Omori, one of my favorite directors, is handling this makes me beam with satisfaction.
I was quite fascinated with Oreimo's focus on girl fandom too.

And people say there was no good anime this year...

It is genius, and it's great fun seeing all the different 'fandoms' the women are involved with. It also makes me wish I lived with them.
I'm also nominating Kuragehime for best OP sequence of any anime, ever - beating even the infectious Lucky Star dance.
And yeah I'm sick of people going on about the lack of good anime when there's this gem right here.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Setting that to one side, I'm really happy that Funimation got Kuragehime, so now, Funimation, would you please dot those fricking j's and cross those fricking eyes already and get Railgun up and streaming already???

okay, thanks.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I will definitely be buying Heaven's Lost Property when it comes out. I'm glad I didn't cave and watch it online. My roommate wants to see it too and it would be a good addition to our anime watching pile.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7