• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Isshoni Training 026 Bathing Anime to Ship in December

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoQuixotic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
I CALLED IT!!!! I [expletive] CALLED IT!! i TOLD YOU THEY MAKE A LITTLE SISTER FOR HER!!!!

Huh, I've seen her before in some offical art over a year ago. I always wondered when she was going to appear. I think this turning into a continuous release is both hilarious and awesome. I say we see "Cooking with Hinako" next.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
*sigh* I'm not talking trash about anyone. Rolling Eyes How is saying this series could be put to better use "talking trash". I don't even hate the thing, it's just entertainment like anything else we spend money on. But do you really think people are exercising and sleeping better because of this series? All I'm saying and all I ever said was that instead of pretending this serves a purpose beyond the fanservice maybe it could pitch out a little advice about dating or how to act in public around strangers. You know, the same stuff that you find in those millions of self help books and videos. I'm not attacking anyone, there's a legitimate market for that kind of thing, especially for a group of people that aren't very receptive to being lectured to.

And I'm all for a video where Optimus Prime tells Transformers fans to stand up straight, wear clean clothes in public, and shower at conventions. Gives the rest of us geeks a bad name. *Emerje says with tongue planted in cheek.*

Emerje

Yes, you saying that the people who buy this video should be given tips on how to communicate with women or act in public instead is not totally condescending (and probably pretentious) at all.

What's even more funny is you think this show is legetimately about exercise. I imagine you probalby also get mad at the heels when you're watching pro-wrestling because they're such jerks. LOL.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
This could end up being fairly entertaining simply due to the sheer absurdity of its creepiness factor.

Kind of like Jeff Barnes in Chuck. ...Not that any of you test tube babies even watch Chuck... :|

No, there is a difference between a show like this and Apocalypse Zero. AZ has some substance that can actually add some irony to the action. This is just a creepy franchise that you know what you're getting into. If you watch this regardless of your motivation, you're dumb. Period.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3